Cable kick backs

Options
Leighuno
Leighuno Posts: 42 Member
edited July 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey so I started cable kick backs today, and I'm wondering which glute side am I meant to be feeling it in?

the one that kicks back or
the one stationary

I tend to feel it more in the stationary one is this right?

Replies

• socalrunner59
    socalrunner59 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You'll feel some tension in the stationary leg. But you should feel the glute fire on the side in motion. If you haven't done a lot of glute work, more likely than not your glutes are flaccid and not firing. Glutes are generally the weakest muscle simply because we don't engage them. Once activated and developed, the glutes are the biggest and strongest muscle in the human body.

Just getting your glutes to start firing is work.

After taking a long hiatus, it took about a month of intense glute activation exercises to get my glutes to start firing. I work my glutes 5 days a week. I perform glute activation, hip flexor and rotation exercises 5 days a week. Three days a week I focus on glute dominant and posterior chain exercises.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Maybe try lighter weights and experience different stances for better activation. Or Try pull-throughs instead. Focus on your glutes doing the lifting.
  • Leighuno
    Options
    Ok I will try a smaller weight next time, I've been doing squats leg press and lunges since January and only noticed a slight different in my glutes but need them more firmer to give me a "peachy" shape rather than flat!! So got a new programme to focus on glutes more.
  • vperspective
    vperspective Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hip thrust and barbell glute bridge are some other good exercises to do for glutes.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hip thrust and barbell glute bridge are some other good exercises to do for glutes.

Biggest bang right there^^. Also Google Brett Contreras.
  • Leighuno
    Options
    Thank you