fat

Options
I feel soooo fat and i totally overate this forth of July weekend.... I have no motivation right now and that makes me want to eat more. I am 153lbs and I saw some pictures of myself that we took 2 days ago and I am so ashamed of how my body looks :(

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    It was a holiday, no biggie. You look great, just keep on keeping on. It will happen.
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    And this is why we all turned up on this wonderful site. If you work hard, and use those pics and how your feeling for motivation, a positive energy will come from that. I felt the same its what drives most of us.

Try and find things you do like about yourself. We all have a kind of self hatred, when were not what we want to be but dont let it floor you. If you want change, make it happen, there are so many people here that will support you along the way, me included ((((((((hugs)))))))))) xxx
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Use the pictures as motivation :) that's what i do. A friend has a pic of me on fb as his profile pic and i HATE how i look, any time I want to quit, I look at it
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'd give my eyeteeth to be 153 lbs ;)

That being said, the worst thing you can do is continue to overeat just because you overate last weekend. Put the weekend behind you and start fresh, today, RIGHT NOW. Every day is a new day and a new opportunity to succeed! C'mon, you can do this!
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Ok, sometimes you need a little love, and sometimes you need tough love. If you are ashamed, the only one that can fix the problem is you. Get up and move. Even if it starts as a walk around the block, it is a start that may very well lead to you feeling like exercising more. Detox your body: drink plenty of water and eat whole foods and you will get back on track.

You can do this.
  • sinsaria
    sinsaria Posts: 30
    Options
    I agree with Jaradel!
    Start over this minute. Draw a line for yourself and start fresh.

I start over all the time. The most important thing is to keep trying!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Move on! That's what I do every time that I overeat. Move on. YOU CAN DO THIS!!

P.S. I weigh 152 and feel pretty good about it... I guess we all carry our weight differently. :-)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I feel soooo fat and i totally overate this forth of July weekend.... I have no motivation right now and that makes me want to eat more. I am 153lbs and I saw some pictures of myself that we took 2 days ago and I am so ashamed of how my body looks :(

We have those days or holidays where it was a bbq or family gathering, etc...dont let that bring you down. Keep reminding yourself why its important to you and know that you can start over. Once you get your mind in check everything else will follow. :flowerforyou:
  • skibrina
    skibrina Posts: 36
    Options
    don't beat yourself up. you had a great holiday weekend. i wish i weighed 153. i am 185. i to didn't eat to great. but i got back on track and am back to recording what I eat, and moving on. you can do it!!!!! put it in the past and just move forward. focus on today and what you can do now!!!! hugs
  • leslieanned
    Options
    i am totally feeling the same way right now! i hate it!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options

It's great that you're here, and you're posting about it. Now it's time to do something about it, if you really want to change it. You CAN. You've got all the tools right here that you need, and the support to help you. Maybe start by setting a reasonable, mini-goal.... not necessarily your end you weight. Maybe it's something as simple as "Today, I will log all my food." Or drink all my water. Or limit my calories. Or move for 10 minutes. Just start. You can do this! And next year, you can be the center of attention and the center of every photo. :-D
  • bmmiller4
    bmmiller4 Posts: 39
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about the weekend. For what it is worth, I would kill to be 153 right now. (currently 173). You need to make a decision to start fresh. I joined MFP in the spring and did really well for a 3-4 weeks then got off track and basically gave up. Realized the other day that I was 10 pound heavier then when I started so I decided to start again. Of course the day after I started logging again was invited to an last minute cookout for the 4th and then the next night invited out for dinner and drinks with a friend who is a Missionary and is only around in the summer so I don't turn down any opportunity to spend time with her. We end up at a Mexican restaurant so we all know that isn't healthy food...not to mention that the margaritas we on special too! But today is a new day and I will do my best. That is all I can ask of myself. Cut yourself some slack for what is in the past and just get back with it. Today is a new day...YOU CAN DO THIS!