Low Calorie Alchoholic Drinks

Options
acullen31
acullen31 Posts: 87 Member
I'm not a big drinker, but on the weekends I like to have a couple yummy drinks and I find that they always tend to put me over my calories. Any suggestions on what I could drink?

Replies

• doyoumeangreen
    doyoumeangreen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Any clear alcohol with soda water and lots of ice. Tonic is 90 calories per serving. Try flavored vodka and soda water.
  • JEWEL776
    JEWEL776 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had for the 4th of July One shot of cherry vodka and diet ginger ale. Tasted like a Shirley Temple and had 60 calories!
  • amylorne
    amylorne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Cranberry juice :)
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Any clear alcohol with soda water and lots of ice. Tonic is 90 calories per serving. Try flavored vodka and soda water.

I agree with this. If you are a beer drinker switch to something like michelob ultra. 95 calories.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Crystal light and vodka. I did Crystal light lemonade and blueberry vodka this weekend. Someone else had a good suggestion of Raspberry vodka and raspberry lemonade crystal light. If I am drinking beer, I have gotten used to the Bud Selelct 55. Kind of tastes like water, but I am still enjoying beers with friends :)
  • acullen31
    acullen31 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious! I love Shirley Temples =)
  • jeanine47
    jeanine47 Posts: 9
    Options
    Oooh these are all such good ideas! I can't wait to try the shirley temple one too!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet Coke is my personal drink of choice!
  • kafoteh
    kafoteh Posts: 18
    Options
    I recently discovered "my drink" and shared it on my blog. I've gotten great feedback--it super simple! Just be sure to order enough limes! Check it out.

http://kristinfoteh.blogspot.com/2011/07/tgif-favs.html
  • princessbrattycake
    princessbrattycake Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love wine spritzers! You can make it with diet Sprite and get two drinks out of one glass of wine!
  • Caseyanna
    Caseyanna Posts: 53
    Options
    Oh wow, great tips everyone! Glad I looked here! We go on our beach vacation at the end of next week and I admit, I'm worried about drinking too many calories. However, this is what I have worked so hard for, too. I'm gonna try to relax and not worry about calories!
  • ArlVAMom
    ArlVAMom Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ditto the wine spritzers - I use either diet sprite or sparkling water. Yum. That reminds me to take extra sprite to the river this weekend.
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options

I'm a big fan of a shot of vodka, juice of half a lemon and top with club soda. 67 calories.
  • slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    I just tried the Skinnygirl Margarita over the 4th and it is great. It is 37 calories per 1.5 oz and 1 carb. It is obviously not as sweet as other margaritas, but a nice treat! They seemed quite strong, so I stuck to one and was satisfied. They have them at Vonn's now and some Sam's Club. There are no artificial sweeteners as well.
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Chalk up another vote for vodka with seltzer water and a lime wedge.

I am in the process of getting old school seltzer bottles to make my own sparkling water. No more packaging but the liquor itself! :D