Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Fitbit Alta or Gear fit 2

Options
shelbyzoe91
shelbyzoe91 Posts: 10 Member
edited July 2016 in Debate Club
Looking for input. Debate the pros and cons of both!

I have a Samsung Galaxy 5 and don't necessarily care if it syncs to MFP. I'd rather have accurate step tracking, fitness graphs, and the alarm doesn't hurt! Also want something stylish enough to wear daily to the office and pass as business professional.

Replies

• CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Alta will not have GPS = need to take your phone with you when/if you go running or cycling
    Gear Fit 2 is IP68 rated = means it safe for swimming, and showering.
    S-Health = Limited Ecosystem
    S-Health = will not sync with MFP
    Alta will only show you Call, Text, Calendar. GF2 has a broader ranger of notifications.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I have the Alta. It doesn't have GPS, and it will not track your steps if you are pushing a cart or a stroller...etc. That's pretty frustrating. Otherwise, I really like it. I have the Note 5, and sure it tracks steps and has many apps that will track your run/walk with GPS, I find it frustrating to have to carry on my walks. The joys of women's activewear - no pockets. The alta also doesn't track heartrate. So, if that is important, the Alta isn't for you.
  • Harleyb87
    Harleyb87 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have the Alta and I love it its small enough to not get in my way and it looks great. It has a 5 day battery life which is amazing because that is a big problem for me I forget to charge EVERYTHING of mine. Another great thing is it automatically tracks workouts so if I get on a elliptical for 30 minutes it tracks it and puts it in as a workout. Also it reminds you when you need to move. I dont really use the phone notifications so I cant comment on those features. Another side note is the fitbit community is wonderful there are a ton of challenges you can join with friends which really helps me get motivated.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Another satisfied Alta owner here. I think you may have less hassles and more options going with a better known brand.