Good, quick, healthy breakfasts?

Options
Looking for recommendations, something as quick as boiled eggs would be nice

Replies

• cmuise19
    cmuise19 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've been obsessed lately with overnight oats. super quick to make, you make them at night. put them in the fridge and grab and go the next morning
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I just do a smoothie.
  • happyveganrachel
    happyveganrachel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Whole grain toast with PB, or avocado and tomato, or fruit etc! Or banana and oats, hashbrowns with veggies, breakfast potatoes paired with something else, breakfast tacos (corn tortillas with breakfast type fillings), omelette, frittatas cooked the previous night, granola and yogurt, healthy cereals with peanut butter and almond milk or something of the sort.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    A serving of white bean shakshuka with two eggs cooked medium over it - takes 6 minutes to cook. Add some naan with warm feta. Add meat if so desired.
  • thatbonggurl
    thatbonggurl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pancakes ! A scoop of oats half scoop protein 1 or 2 egg white a pinch f bakin soda..half banana or one if u like..batter n cook it!
  • Lisa_Ookoo
    Lisa_Ookoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and fruit. It's filling and high in protein.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg whites with spinach, mushroom, ham and mature cheddar on thick white toast with large mug coffee

takes 3 mins to make in microwave eg frozen spinach 1 min, add mushrooms, 1 min, add egg white 1min
    Scramble with fork, add chopped ham and sprinkle with cheese

Under 280 cals ..19g protein...filling ..
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Cooked breakfast is a rare treat for me. I usually have crispbread with fish/meat/cheese spread, milk, fruit, veg.
  • boolz
    boolz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    In a mug: egg, cheese, onion, spinach. Nuke it.
  • DorkyUnicorn
    DorkyUnicorn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with whatever toppings you fancy is my go to. I like a warm breakfast, so it's great :smile:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's leftovers. Can't get any quicker than that!
  • LoFoSho100
    LoFoSho100 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just ordered an Eggtastic (such a silly name). You throw an egg or two in there and microwave it. Once it's done (1 minute-ish), I put a little bit of salt and pepper in there and sometimes a sprinkle of cheese. Then just take the eggs straight from the Eggtastic and put them on a piece of toast. For toast, I just discovered Dave's Killer Bread- there is a thin sliced option that is only 60 calories a slice and super good and filling.
    Sometimes I also just make a fruit bowl with a sliced banana, some blueberries, and mango. I drizzle a little honey on top and it's super good. It's easy to get it ready the night before too!

Tomorrow I am trying a cottage cheese pancake recipe. It says you can freeze them, so if you make a big batch and have them in the freezer, you can easily grab them out in the morning. I can't vouch for the quality as I haven't tried them yet, but they have really good reviews.
    ingredients: 6 egg whites, 1 cup rolled oats (dry), 1 cup cottage cheese, 2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla
    instructions: Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Heat a large non-stick skillet and spray with non-stick cooking spray, or use a non stick pan. For each pancake pour ¼ cup of the batter. Flip when they start to bubble and cook until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
    Serve with some powdered sugar and some fresh berries. (Makes about 10 pancakes)
  • kharve09
    kharve09 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I got into the habit of always grabbing a breakfast bar (Belvita, Nature Valley, etc) whenever I didn't have time to make breakfast - which was almost everyday. But those are expensive and not particularly filling or good tasting. Now, I try to make my breakfast ahead of time so it's equally convenient, but cheaper and healthier. What I've been making lately: blueberry oatmeal muffins, scrambled eggs, and breakfast sandwiches (english muffin, egg, one slice of ham lunchmeat, and a thin slice of cheese). Both the oatmeal muffins and sandwiches are great to make a bunch and freeze them. I'll take the muffins out of the freezer the night before and the sandwiches I'll heat in the microwave in the morning (one minute on each side). When I have time to make scrambled eggs on the weekend, I tend to make 6 or 8 and mix in veggies, like onion, tomato, and peppers - and just keep them in a large container in the fridge. If you take a couple of hours on the weekend, you can make all three and have a good variety for breakfast that should easily last you through 1-2 weeks.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I like cooked oatmeal - Old Fashioned Oats, not instant or quick oats. I make a large 2 serving batch & add a banana to the cooking water, which stretches the volume to 3 servings, and adds sweetness so I don't need sugar or honey. I eat one serving and save 2 in covered bowls to reheat in the microwave on other days. The reheat days are super quick.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs are a good option -- bored of them?

I often like a quick vegetable omelet, but lately I've been obsessed with smoothies (I add vegetables, fruit, and a protein powder, plus coconut water and sometimes hemp hearts).
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I usually make a batch of flour less muffins at the beginning of the week to eat with a smoothie on my busy mornings.
  • tamaera
    tamaera Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I can't eat first thing in the morning, just can't :( Drives my Dr's nuts lol. I had gotten into the habit though of drinking my breakfast so she's happy about that. My go to breakfast smoothy is a handful of frozen fruit (my fav lately is either peaches & pineapple, or blueberries, strawberries etc). I live on a blueberry farm so I have blueberries galore :) I toss in some greek yogurt, flax seed, water, spinach and kale and blend away. For my chocolate cravings I take 8 oz of almond milk, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, 2 tbsp of pb fit peanut butter, 1/2 a banana and blend. Yumm :)
  • cliftonav
    cliftonav Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Porridge
  • pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ive been on a hard boil egg kick since EASTER! I buy a 18 pk of eggs, boil them on Sunday night and have it throughout the week. So portable and convenient.