Breastfeeding mum trying to loose weight!!

Options
Hi, my baby is 4 months old and I need to loose one stone weight but struggling with keeping milk supply going when I reduce my intake of carbs. Any advice??

Replies

• Dawnn1313
    Dawnn1313 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't stress weight loss until your supply is firmly in place. I started really trying to reduce caloric intake and get in shape when my last baby was 9 months and at that point eating other foods as well. If you plan on bfing for awhile just take this time with your baby. It all goes by in the blink of an eye. Be easy on yourself also, like they say, It took nine months to put on take 9 months to take it off.
  • nicolecfut
    nicolecfut Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree. If you want to keep the breastfeeding up maybe concentrate on your milk first. Just keep your food choices healthy and walk extra, the lbs came off so nicely for me when I was honestly working at it. Besides the more you nurse the more calories you burn. Such a win win situation!
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Remember that breastfeeding "burns" about 500 calories a day once it gets going. So, you'll need to eat more than you would if you weren't breastfeeding and you'll still be able to lose weight. At this point, you want to focus on making sure your supply is solid. I know from experience that struggles with supply aren't fun.
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding IS helping you loose weight. I agree with the 9 months to gain and 9 months to loose. Eat very healthy for you and your baby. You should have been given clearance to start exercising by now. Start out with walking a lot or other things you like to do with baby. Enjoy this time! Breastfeeding is such a wonderful experience. I loved every minute with both of my kids and the weight just fell off of me. You've got this!!!
  • Doctorwhoves
    Doctorwhoves Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding mum here too. Looking to add friends so we can all help eachother. :)