I am proof that MFP works!

Options
azpostal
azpostal Posts: 788 Member
edited July 2016 in Success Stories
Hi all! I am 55 years old, a mom, grandma, a postal worker, and someone who never took care of themselves and put everyone else first. This year I promised myself that I would put myself first, make ME a priority, and make sure that I'm around to take care of those I love. I had stumbled across MFP a couple of years ago but never really did anything with it. Then 140 days ago I decided to get serious. I joined a small group where we were held accountable to each other, logged all of my food faithfully, made sure I exercised every day, and then stood back and watched in amazement as this really works! When I started I could only do about 10 minutes on the elliptical and I eventually worked up to where I can go more than an hour if I want to… I started off taking short walks around my neighborhood and carefully watched what I was eating and the weight just seem to fall off. I was astounded! I've been trying most of my adult life to lose weight and I always yo-yo back-and-forth but I've never been as light as I am right now! People stop me every day and talk about my weight loss, ask me how I do it, encourage me, and yes… there are even those who tell me I've gone too far. I feel like I've taken years off, my knees no longer hurt, I have stamina, endurance, and the ability to play with my grandkids without getting tired. Life is good! I enjoy setting small goals to keep myself motivated and moving forward. I know we all hear people say "if I can do it, anyone can do it" ...And I'm here to tell you it's true! Keep moving forward! Be inspired, stick with MFP. It works and I'm proof of that!viztqascdaju.jpeg

Replies

• smelliefeet
    smelliefeet Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration!! I'm just at the beginning of my journey, but I will be happy if I can be half as successful as you have been in my next 140 days! I would LOVE to be able to wear shorts again!!!
  • oneespanola
    oneespanola Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    well done!!! you should be so proud and thanks for the inspiration too! :)
  • jasonneilsoto
    jasonneilsoto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I've dropped 30 pounds so far, and feeling so much better. I use a combination of MFP and Runkeeper. Simply, this has worked for me like nothing else. Keep up the good work!
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Definitely looking in good in your age alone , but great job! It does work
  • azpostal
    Options
    Awesome! I've dropped 30 pounds so far, and feeling so much better. I use a combination of MFP and Runkeeper. Simply, this has worked for me like nothing else. Keep up the good work!

Congrats on your weight loss!! I can't believe how much different I feel...I know what you mean!
  • azpostal
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Is that really you and I think I mean to ask too that you are a grandma? I think you took off 10 years! That is freaking amazing!

Thanks! I cannot believe how much better I look AND feel! And yes...I have 6 grandkids that keep me going! ;)
  • Scott_IF
    Scott_IF Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Nice work!
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    It works if you work it! You are awesome. :)
  • azpostal
    Options
    It works if you work it! You are awesome. :)

Thank you my friend :)
  • azpostal
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Angelbeee wrote: »
    Definitely looking in good in your age alone , but great job! It does work

Thank you! It does work... you get out of it what you put into it...
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You're right, MFP definitely works! But like any tool, it only works as well as it's used. Looks like you had the right idea! Bravo!
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Give yourself 99.9% credit because it all started with your determination & motivation. Your first two sentences is all that is needed to be successful in becoming healthy.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I need an Overawesome button!!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Well done!
  • azpostal
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    I need an Overawesome button!!!
    Thank you!
  • Godsgirl42
    Godsgirl42 Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you Kris!!! You've always been such an inspiration to me!!! Hugs!
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Amazing! It just shows what you can do if you remain consistent. Once again, well done you!
  • azpostal
    Options
    L8model wrote: »
    Way to go!!!! You look GREAT!!! MFP worked for me, too!

Way to go!!!! Congrats! We are both proof MFP works!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!