Snacking...

Options
How do you do during the day? Do you eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with snacks in between or just 3 meals a day?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Generally two meals a day for me! I like having larger meals.
  • jamesnwa
    jamesnwa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat the 3 meals and then snack at work and as soon as I get in from work. Trying to cut down on the snacks as that is what takes me over the calorie limits.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Neither. I don't snack, as in planned eating between meals - I usually only eat meals, but four - sometimes I have an "unplanned" treat.
  • delimanager640
    delimanager640 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    3 meals with an apple on the way home from work. It's a long drive and it helps keep me awake.
  • NancyYale
    NancyYale Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I eat 4 to 5 smallish meals a day, but no empty snack foods. If I allow myself to get hungry, I binge, so this works for me.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Spread out calories among 4 different chow times. I do chocolate right before bed so it is really 5.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Weekdays I schedule a snack after dinner, but really I just do that to have something taking up the space in the food log. Weekdays, my lunch consists of items more commonly thought of as snacks. Go figure. Weekends, I do plan to have a snack between lunch and dinner, usually the dinner is late. Today, a weekend, I've already had lunch and a snack.
  • fatoomalrowaiei
    fatoomalrowaiei Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    6 meals a day well... Technically 3 meals and 3 snacks .. I love eating alot for breakfast and then i just cut the calories out till night so i wont feel heavy when i sleep
  • No_Knock
    No_Knock Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I eat a larger breakfast to start, then it's a snack, lunch, snack, casein before bed. Snacks have to be a whole food or at least something with low sugar, high protein content.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends when I'm hungry. I usually have one snack a day though... either mid morning (rare), or in the afternoon.
  • Gena575
    Gena575 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I always save at least 100 calories for a night time snack. For 100 calories days I'll have a yogurt or a Yasso bar. For days with more wiggle room I'll add fruit or popcorn. Sometimes both.
  • leslienicole318
    leslienicole318 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have breakfast at 7:30 am, lunch at noon, a snack at 2:30, a snack at 5, and dinner around 7 or 8
  • GooeyGoobert
    GooeyGoobert Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I save some calories for one snack a day wedged between lunch and dinner or after dinner. Usually it's the latter since I've been trying to eat dinner earlier.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, lunch, snack one, sometimes snack 2, dinner, dessert 1, dessert 2.

I'm weird.

If I'm really trying to get down and dirty and lose weight, I don't do breakfast.
  • bwhitty67
    bwhitty67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips! By snacks I mean I have an apple, baby bel, orange or Greek yogurt.... I'd say my snack I'm wanting in the evening is more out of boredom... Must break that habit
  • shanahz
    shanahz Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I find that I need to eat every couple of hours otherwise I get really hungry. So I eat at least two snacks during the day. One in between breakfast and lunch and another in between lunch and dinner. I will have yogurt, fresh veggies dipped in Greek yogurt ranch, protein bars, light string cheese, those Sargento cheese/trail mix trays. Those are the more common snacks I have.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I have 3 meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) then 2 snacks (afternoon and evening) all which I plan for and account for in my calorie allowance.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I'm a grazer, and I like snacks at night, so I have 2-3 meals and multiple snacks. I just make it all work within my calorie goal, lol.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Week days I do breakfast-snack-lunch-snack-dinner-maybe a snack.

Weekends? Well, put it this way - it's 5pm and the only thing I've eaten today is an ice cream cone at the zoo. I forget to eat on the weekends. (Don't worry, we're having burgers for dinner, I'll get my calories in.)
  • ChelseaHeights
    ChelseaHeights Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Two bigger meals and a snack when I get home from work-usually a piece of fruit and a decaf coffee. On my days off I'm more flexible but I find two meals works best for me.