Im new! Starting with detox, then lifestyle change.

Options
I just finished cleaning out my fridge and cupboards. Tomorrow I start my lifestyle change off with a 5 day detox. I will have 5 different foods to eat for the next 5 days. Im doing this to cleanse my body out and have a fresh start. After the detox Im going to start fixing meals that consist of only fresh, whole, organic foods! It is going to be tough but I want it to be our norm by the time our 5 month old eats with us. I want us to avoid eating foods with lots of perservatives or added salts and sugars.

Ive tried short term calorie counting, and exercise in the past but havent stuck to it because I always look for a quick result. This time around, Im not doing it for myself, Im doing it for my son. I want to be comfortable being in pictures with him as he grows up. I want to be able to chase him when he gets active, and I want to play sports out on the feild with him instead of being stuck in the sidelines watching and telling him what he needs to improve, when I need to improve things myself.

So, the next 5 days consists of 4 meals, the foods include; Spinach, eggs, yogurt, berries, and berries/almond butter. Im following the book "Cinch" by Cynthis Sass. It gives ideas on preparing these foods so you dont get bored and it then gives ideas on meals for later. She explains how to fix your plate like a puzzle rather than calorie counting. I feel really good about it. I think it will help me stick to something and Ill also be entering what I eat on this website! I also plan on starting a workout regimen I found online for fitting into a wedding dress, but it is for arms, legging, and stomach so it will work. My sister in law offered me to borrow her zumba dvds as well so im just going to go into as fun instead of work.

Ready for my fresh start, wish me luck:happy:

Samantha

Replies

• bellieff
    bellieff Posts: 43
    Options
    keep updates! if you can do it, and it makes you feel better maybe it would be worth a try. i would have such a tough time with it, youre a stronger person than me! good luck sam!
  • MelodAngel
    MelodAngel Posts: 27
    Options
    Awesome! I didn't do any detox, I just slowly went from eating awful foods to better foods, and I'm starting to eat more organic. I've been working really hard to eat mostly fruits and veggies, not easy! :)