Anyone with T2 Diabetes and/or Hypothyroidism trying to lose weight/manage diet?

Options
Hello All:

I have both T2 Diabetes (controlled with diet/exercise now) and a slow thyroid which is making weight loss a real challenge. I'd love to find some people in the same boat who are also looking for motivation, encouragement and support.

Replies

• Back2Ash
    Back2Ash Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to this!
    Im 28 5'2 227 pounds, i have hypothyroidism and high blood pressure. As well looking for motivation. Beer drinker and bad eater! Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired soo young mom of 2 and happily married!
  • EllyTheDreamer
    EllyTheDreamer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Let's help each other then.
    I'm T2 type, constantly struggling with improving my own health. MFP does help with keeping things in check, but even with a set plan it can get hard if there is no one to support you or to just give an encouraging word or two. And sometimes that's exactly what people need. In my case I really need to get back (again) to MFP after constantly coming on and off the app and could really use some friends. Consistency is key to success.
  • MsMaverick3
    MsMaverick3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I don't have T2 but I struggle with thyroid balance...I don't even have one, lol. (Removed after Graves' disease). Doc warned me never to gain weight because it would be so difficult to lose. I maintained for a year and half but another surgery wrecked me (disc herniated in my neck) and I haven't been able to exercise since. I'm finally regaining mobility and some motivation but I need help and would love some partners in support. Like Ash, I'm tired of feeling sick and tired. I'd like to lose the 35 lbs I gained the past year+ and regain physical function. I agree with Elly- consistency is key. Hope everyone has a great day.
  • BunnySC78
    BunnySC78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! My body is falling apart lol. I'm only 38 but have had my gallbladder out (it infected my pancreas so I have a mild case of pancreatitis), or have PCOS which has caused me to be insulin resistant, I have hypothyroidism and a gluten intolerance. Carbs are pretty well gone, meat hurts so it's pretty well gone from my diet. Dairy is being weaned because organic is expensive and regular mucks up my hormone levels. I pretty much just graze from my garden but am still not losing weight. It's very frustrating. I've got this new Garmin vivofit to help track steps to prove to my doctors that I am active because that's their argument as to why I can't lose. They'll probably still think I tied it to my cat or something, though lol. Anyways, I'd love to have others to chat with, who are dealing with similar and understand the struggles. So, hello again and hope you are all doing well! :)
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Not diabetic (but literally half my relatives are type 2), but have hypothyroidism. Trying to improve my health so I hopefully do not get "the big D" myself. (Or at least stave it off for as long as possible.)
  • WannabeDiabeticFree
    WannabeDiabeticFree Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism and type 2 diabetes. I just sent a friendship connection request to you.
  • rockymytdeb
    rockymytdeb Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hypothyroidism too. Please add me, I need accountability and have an open diary.
  • purduboilr
    purduboilr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi friends! I am so glad to find you. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2011 after successfully losing 96 lbs and feeling great. Needless to say, the last few years were a roller coaster. I'm finally gaining ground, but I can't stay consistent and losing weight is a struggle, as you know. I'm gluten free and suffer anxiety. I have started a thyroid eating plan (day3) that so far seems to make me feel satisfied and more mentally alert. I guess the weight loss will come, but it's discouraging, especially when you live away from home and your bf & his family don't get it. I need some extra support. :)
  • SpoonfulOfLight
    SpoonfulOfLight Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Can anyone tell me about "thyroid eating"? I've had hypothyroidism since I was 17 (now 23), and I've been getting quite frustrated with weight loss. How does this diet/lifestyle benefit you? P.S. Feel free to add me!