HELP! New shoes!?!?

Options
I am in need of a new pair of shoes! I would like some opinions on a GREAT pair!! I use them for aerobics, weight training, elliptical, treadmill and just about everything, so I need them to be able to keep up with me and my activities!?! I also have wide feet so need to keep that in mind! Thanks

Replies

• Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Ooh I want to know too!! I am in need of some good ones, and i have wide feet as well!
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    i have wide tootsies also and i wear nike free running shoes and am quite active also. i find them very comfy!
  • JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    Options
    bump

I bought some new balance but now that I have started running, my feet hurt more...
  • ukhennin
    ukhennin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store like Fleet Feet and tell them exactly what you want and they'll fit you with what works best for your feet and your stride. That's really the best solution.
  • KatherineVictoria
    Options
    Asics and Brookes are the best running shoes you can get, and I imagine they work just as well with other physical activity!
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I wear brooks, mine are specifically for running and trail running at that, but I LOVE them because they come in wide, my feet are wide and I wear orthotics so its a must. Theyre spendy... but I wear them almost everyday for some form of exercise so the amount is worth it. You can find them on line too, try ebay or amizon, it prob wont be this years model but STILL:) Great buy! Ive worn them for running/working out now for 6 or more years, no need to try anything new, LOVE these:) Good luck!
  • mertheg01
    mertheg01 Posts: 19
    Options
    Go to a local fitness store that has a shoe department. If you have a running store within reasonable distance, go there, they are the experts on matching the shoe to you and your needs. Most places have the experienced staff to fit you to a proper shoe. Make sure you tell them your activities while in the shoe and any pre or post injuries. If they know what they are doing they will fit you to the proper shoe. It may not be the BRAND or COLOR you want, but trust me, it is well worth it to have the correct shoe.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Like anything everyone will have their opinions and biases - and a lot of its just based on what they have always had/worn. The best solution is to go to an athletic store (not a big box store) and try on a lot of different shoes and get the store clerk to help size you and what not. Sorry its not the advice you are looking for here probably....
  • dvigeant
    dvigeant Posts: 10
    Options
    Ukhenin is right. Someone helping me train for a marathon suggested Fleet Feet. I got measured and fitted and I can't put into words how great it feels to have proper fitting shoes. I bought a pair of Asics and they are great. I hate the look of them but cant beat the performance.
  • geckoseven
    geckoseven Posts: 32
    Options
    I use vibram fivefingers, big fan of them :D They teach you to run the way humans were originally made to, the owner of my store down here runs 70 miles in them ever weekend. If you don't go them than get a lite flexible show for running.

Specially stores like fit n run will measure every aspect of your run and fit you :D
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I am in need of a new pair of shoes! I would like some opinions on a GREAT pair!! I use them for aerobics, weight training, elliptical, treadmill and just about everything, so I need them to be able to keep up with me and my activities!?! I also have wide feet so need to keep that in mind! Thanks

Do my feet look like your feet? :happy: Didn't think so! :laugh:

Seriously, Your best approach is to go to a store who SPECIALIZES in Athletic shoes (not ***mart). They will look at the way you run and walk etc, and they should look at your current shoes to see how they are worn (soles of your shoes will tell them a lot...ie. do you pronate or suppinate, are you a heel striker or do you land gently on your fore foot... if they don't look at your shoes... go elsewhere!) Once this is done, They will tell you what types of shoes you should be wearing.

I can tell you that I love Brooks Beast or Nike Vomero's, or Vibram Five Fingers KSO's... but that is because these are the shoes that were fitted to my feet and work for me (and my big feet). Because I took the time to have my feet assessed, I now have happy feet.

You owe it to yourself and your feet to find out from experts what will work best for you!

Good Luck!
  • FLEKD
    FLEKD Posts: 1
    Options
    I do 10mi a day and have switched out shoes several times. I recently purchased Reebok FLEX and love them!! The are very light weight feels like being in bare feet. A lot less shin splints and muscle fatigue. Not sure how long they will last but 1 month into them they are holding up great. If you purchase at Reebok.com enter the code BXSTF and get 30% off your purchase. FLEX were $89.00 minus 30%..... final cost was only $63.00. Best shoe for me so far. Hope this helps.....Enjoy.
  • MYriahTURN30
    Options
    Thnx for your help all!!