Vacation....

Options
I just went on a vacation with my friends to the beach. I tracked everyday and somedays I ended up really low on my calories, but when I stepped on the scale today.... I gained 4.4 pounds in five days?! What the heck? I'm so pissed I was really good most days and spent two days in the ocean wave hopping...... How did I gain weight? I don't look different.... I don't feel different... And I know I was not 3,080 calories over every day...... I just want to cry. I thought I had this maintenance thing down, but apparently I'm doomed.

Replies

• LittleMissVintage
    Options
    Please could someone just look at my diary and possibly tell me what went wrong.
  • chicka200413
    Options
    Maybe too much cereal? I love cheerios, plain cheerios, but I've noticed that I lose much more weight when i don't eat them everyday. It looks like you were eating rice krispies (with no milk?) sometimes 3 times a day. I think for me it might be too many carbs in cereal... Just a thought :)
  • chicka200413
    Options
    Also did you drink any alcohol?
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Don't freak out too much. You did pretty good for being on vacation. It could just be water weight. It could just be the change in routine, like sleeping more, working out less, eating at all times of day (even if it wasn't more calories) etc. I know vacations for me completely break my normal routines that I am accustomed to.
  • LittleMissVintage
    Options
    Maybe too much cereal? I love cheerios, plain cheerios, but I've noticed that I lose much more weight when i don't eat them everyday. It looks like you were eating rice krispies (with no milk?) sometimes 3 times a day. I think for me it might be too many carbs in cereal... Just a thought :)
    yeah I eat my cereal plain.... Cereal is my go to snack. Maybe I should cut back.
  • LittleMissVintage
    Options
    Don't freak out too much. You did pretty good for being on vacation. It could just be water weight. It could just be the change in routine, like sleeping more, working out less, eating at all times of day (even if it wasn't more calories) etc. I know vacations for me completely break my normal routines that I am accustomed to.
    I did eat late at night a lot. I'm going to start my workouts again when my sister can go to the gym with me and my sunburn heals (next week). Maybe when I get back on shedule I'll drop fast.