breakfast help.

Options
Can you share what you had for breakfast today. I eat oatmeal but not really liking it, eat it as it is suppose to be good for cholestoral as well as helping in controling blood pressure.

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    can't stand sweet oats so mixed mine with spices and chilly - broke 3 eggs inside, a bit of water and boiled - makes you a sort of tasty and thick scrambled eggs.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I had a can of diet A&W root beer and a plain rice cake. I wouldn't've had the rice cake, but I'd been up since 6a and didn't fancy eating my lunch at 9.30a.

OP, if you don't like oatmeal, don't eat it. Or if you're more "meh" about it, add stuff to it to make it not "meh". I find plain oatmeal "meh", then I add sugar/honey/maple syrup and it's "good".
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of "breakfast food," except as a treat for dinner. I usually eat left overs for breakfast. Today, however, I had a Costco chicken & Swiss roller.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    It's the weekend so my breakfast was scrambled eggs, toast, bacon, and hashbrowns.

Typically though I have 2 scrambled eggs, little extra egg white (about 30g), green onions in a tortilla wrap. If I think I'll be low on protein for the day I will add in 2 slices of bacon or 20g of shredded chicken as well in my wrap.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to improve your cholesterol numbers and control your blood pressure, do both cardio and lifting. That's very effective.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I had two eggs over easy (cooked on cooking spray), 2 slices of center cut bacon & two slices of "light" multigrain bread with Brummel & Brown Spread. - 363 calories for all.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    EAT
    FOOD
    YOU
  • Ian_Davies
    Ian_Davies Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I eat whole grapefruit, then 3-4 eggs (scrambled or poached) Little block of cheese and vine tomatoes.
  • karinabree
    karinabree Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I often have the same. Two sunny side up eggs with a plate full of pan fried zucchini, mushrooms and/or spinach. I use different spices every day but curry is my fav.
  • suznhenz
    suznhenz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a pancake made with Met-RX High protein buttermilk pancake mix (1 scoop) mixed with water and 3 pieces of turkey bacon and use 2 Tablespoons of Cary sugar-free syrup. It's a total of about 180 calories, 16 gm carbs, 7 gm fat and 12 gm protein. I add just a bit of vanilla to the pancake. I think it tastes good and it is all that I really feel I need or want. At the same time, for hubby, I make a pancake made with Hungry Jack complete pancake mix so we can eat together. I cook the bacon on a microwave bacon cooker and it turns out perfect and is really quick to make the whole breakfast.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Because of cholesterol issues, I promised my doctor to have oatmeal (and flaxseeds and fish oil) every single day. I'm not nuts about the texture of oatmeal, and the taste is rather absent. So I've been playing around with turning oats into tortillas, pancakes, and lately into muffins. If you're interested, here's my latest experiment, which turned out nicely:

1.5 cups of oat flour
    1.5 cups of oat bran
    2 tablespoons each of ginger and cinnamon
    .25 teaspoons each of baking powder and baking soda

6 ounces of old bananas, aching to be used before they expire
    3 eggs
    .25 cup honey
    .25 cup olive oil
    about a teaspoon each of vanilla extract and orange extract
    2 cups of water

Some dark chocolate chips and some sunflower seeds

Because oats love to drink up liquid, honey works better here than sugar; and olive oil works better than butter (at least solid butter, I'm sure melted would work well).

While I combined the dry ingredients, I preheated the oven to 400 degrees (while the cats stared at the heat building up, and communicated: "You have GOT to be kidding. In this weather?!"). Then I tossed the bananas and wet ingredients in my brand new Vitamix, turned the machine up to about 5 or 6 and let it froth up for a minute or so.

Then I poured it into the dry stuff and mixed it gently, as if I were preparing an angel food cake instead of a hearty muffin mixture. Distributed the mixture in a muffin tin, and the leftover (about a cup's worth) into a small loaf pan. At half-cup measures being the equivalent of 1 serving, I got about 14 servings. Everything into the oven for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool for about 15 minutes, and store in the fridge.

I had one this morning, along with my Vitamix serving of strawberries and banana. Total calories about 340. 8 fibers, 10 proteins. 832 potassium! And only 155 sodiums. Not a bad deal...
  • blndhrbrneyes
    blndhrbrneyes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tomato, spinach, feta omelet with some orange slices.
  • Godsgirl42
    Godsgirl42 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with onion, spinach, and tomato.
    Sometimes smoothies: 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup ice, 1 cup frozen berries, 1 cup spinach

My cholesterol went from 216 to 198 in a few months just by cutting out the butter, cheese, bacon, sausage, and changing my ground beef to ground turkey. I only 18 pts left to go to get to 180!!
  • bpp23
    bpp23 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Slice of smoke deli turkey with slices of cheddar cheese broiled on honey wheat bread and a cup of coffee with vanilla caramel coffee creamer
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I had two eggs scrambled with mushroom, tomato, onions, and bell pepper.

Some of my other go-to breakfasts:
    Greek yogurt
    Mini egg frittatas
    Overnight oats
    Steel cut oats with fruit & protein powder
    Bagel thin with whipped cream cheese and lox
    Mashed avocado on toast
    Blueberry pancakes (I eat mine with Greek yogurt instead of syrup)
    Scrambled eggs & veggies
    Leftovers from yesterday
    Eggs on toast
    Fried egg on a sandwich slim with cheese
    Protein shake with fruit, yogurt, & protein powder
    Fried egg on a multigrain waffle