Where's my motivation?????

Options
Why is it so hard to get back into the swing of working out?

I worked out 4-5 times a week for 60 days. I lost a lot of weight the first 30 days and then it slowed down. I was ok with this as long as I was losing, but then I STOPPED losing. I lost 1 pound in 30 days! So I changed up my calorie intake to 1350 and was only working out 3 times a week. I started losing again! Well 3 times a week turned into ZERO times a week and I was still losing. Needless to say not working out turned into not watching my calories as much. I am no longer losing weight......

Then Summer hit! I love to have a few cold beers out on the patio and grill out. :drinker:

I have lost 21 lbs and I still have about 60 pounds to go. How do I get motivated again? I was much happier when I was working out and I liked working out, but for some reason I can not get myself to do it. When I do work out I wimp out and say this is too hard. What the heck happened??? It's almost like I am in a self induced depression. :frown:

Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do to get back in the swing of things?

Replies

• shawn_chas102304
    Options
    I lost my motivation last year after losing the first 13 pounds. I started doing it because we were going on vacation for my best friends wedding and that was my motivation. After the wedding/vacation, I stopped working out. I stopped watching what I was eating as well. I gained almost 20 lbs since Sept 2010. One day I just woke up and said I can't do it anymore. That was at the end of May 2011. I started c25k and I love this program. It encourages me to count my calories because if I don't, I would have wasted all that energy running that day. You just have to start back at it... once you do, about a week in, it'll be habit again and you'll start feeling better which will motivate you more. Goodluck getting back at it. You're doing great... :)
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Happened to me last July my dear! The exact same thing happened actually - got caught up in summer and the lake and everything else wonderful that goes along with the season! In 2010 I lost about 25lbs from Jan to July. Between July & Christmas I gained about 5 back (only - thank heaven!). Then the week after Christmas last year I decided my self esteem still sucked. SO - back to MFP I came. I am really on round 2 here. : ) Don't worry - It happens to the best of us! If you can figure out the secret to not losing motivation at some point - you can sell it and you'll be rich!!
    I think you've been doing great hon! You can do it! My motivation = F4F+old ladies+strollers (maybe this will help)
    Love & Hugs as always!

*edited to correct terrible grammar*