Getting rid of cellulite!?

I honestly think this is the most challenging part of my weight loss. I've lost 30 pounds so far, and the cellulite is just as bad as it was when I started. Is it ever going to go away? I'd like to actually wear something other than pants and capris in the summer, but it's just too embarrassing! It takes a pretty big hit off my self esteem. :frown:

Replies

• sedativestorm
    sedativestorm Posts: 79 Member
    I found a tip of using used coffee grounds and rubbing against troubled areas. Then wrapping your leg up with some saran wrap. http://www.fitsugar.com/Home-Spa-Treatment-Coffee-Scrub-250747

It's not a permanent fix but it helps. I also wear tight exercise pants while working out to smooth out the legs.
  • tjwolf13
    tjwolf13 Posts: 14
    I stopped wearing shorts for the same reason. Are you working on toning as well as losing weight because you need to do that to make the cellulite appear better. From what I understand it doesn't go away, but you can make it not show as much. The other thing I heard was putting hemerrhoid cream on it. Apparently its what a lot of stars do. Haven't tried it yet, but seems like it should work if you don't mind putting hemerrhoid cream on each time you want to wear shorts. G
  • kimberlv
    kimberlv Posts: 5 Member
    Even as a skinny teenager I had cellulite. Lately I have been overdoing it on water, berries, spinach and fish which has made a slight difference but definitely not gotten rid of it completely. I have tried the coffee grinds thing, did not work for me and is really messy. I have used various creams which work while you are using them properly (i.e. putting cream on your legs twice a day which is a huge pain in the butt) but the second I stop the cellulite reappears.

Over the summer I use Nivea Sunkissed Firming Moisturizer, I notice the dimples less when my legs have a tan so I like the combo, plus the cream doesn't smell as bad as a full self tanning lotion.

If you ever find something that makes a big difference please share the information!