Bullying got me CRAZY results!

Options
Tyyy_
Tyyy_ Posts: 31 Member
Hey guys,my names Ty and here's my story.

Back in high school,bullying was an issue for me. Being ONLY 95lbs,i was looked down upon and treated like trash. Being skinny meant that i was an easy target and i wasnt feared (not that i wanted to be). Even though i would have so much hate going towards me,i stayed strong,kind hearted and tried to keep positive. Bullies cant win if they know your not hurt. But deep down,it killed a whole lot. My mum has always said " Some people dont like you because your strength reminds them of their weakness. Dont let them slow you down son". Day in and day out,that quote saved me more than you'd know.

Few months after finishing high school back in 2012,i signed up to my local gym. And thats when it all started..

Everyday was a challenge but i was looking forward to the results that it brought. My self esteem and confidence boosted like crazy. I put in every sweat,tears and blood into that gym and its fair to say,i came out a winner. Im currently sitting on 183 lbs and i couldnt have been prouder of my achievements. This journey has only begun and i wish i helped get some people get motivation and inspiration from my story. This is ALL for the victims of bullying. You're not alone. We lift together.

How do i add a picture? Someone help me please!

Replies

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Assuming that's you in your profile pic, well done!! I was bullied constantly in school (which admittedly was a long time ago) because I was always the new kid - we moved a lot - and I was overweight. So I can relate. Great job on working on your fitness and self esteem.

P.S. I'm a big supporter of Pink Shirt Day :smiley:
  • Pinklacroix
    Pinklacroix Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Awesome story and your mum is a wise woman. As far as I know you have to add a pic on the website and not the app. It looks like a little camera. You can click to edit this post and add one like that from the website.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Cretins, and I mean your bullies, do not deserve this credit. You did this all on your own, well done!
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Good job! Now, go get counseling so you're not carrying that anger for the next 40 years.
  • 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Mom is very wise. You are a true inspiration.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Bullies cant win if they know your not hurt. But deep down,it killed a whole lot. My mum has always said " Some people dont like you because your strength reminds them of their weakness. Dont let them slow you down"

I absolutely love this! I showed this to my husband and he is going to put it on a plaque and hang it in his workshop, as he knows a few people (idiots) who this would apply to who will see it when they come come to visit :wink:
  • druidkat7
    druidkat7 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Dude, that is awesome! WTG!!! 183 lbs of pure muscle, oh yeah!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Your mom sounds like a great woman. And way to go with your accomplishments!
  • JaiDessaT
    JaiDessaT Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You are very inspiring! What an accomplishment. Now you know you can tackle anything in life, and overcome it. Keep building on your hard-earned success!
  • Alli4Chocolate
    Alli4Chocolate Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Tretop76
    Tretop76 Posts: 256 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Beyond wow Tyyy! :D

Good job! Now, go get counseling so you're not carrying that anger for the next 40 years.
    I think this WAS his counseling.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation. I love what your mom would tell you and I'm glad you were able to keep your kind heart even with the bullying. You remind me of my son who is very small, but very fierce. Not promoting violence, but when a kid made fun of his speech impediment, he decked him. Luckily from the teacher to the principal they all felt the kid got what he deserved and went easy on my son. But I know like you, he will need to put in hard work to gain weight as he gets older. You are a great example.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    the_Insult_add.jpg
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! And I agree, your mother sounds wonderful.
  • huntersmom2016
    huntersmom2016 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My son is only 6 but already smaller than most boys his age. I hope I can be as encouraging to my son as your mom was to you. Fantastic transformation and thank you for sharing your story. This is definitely one I will always remember.
  • huntersmom2016
    huntersmom2016 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation. I love what your mom would tell you and I'm glad you were able to keep your kind heart even with the bullying. You remind me of my son who is very small, but very fierce. Not promoting violence, but when a kid made fun of his speech impediment, he decked him. Luckily from the teacher to the principal they all felt the kid got what he deserved and went easy on my son. But I know like you, he will need to put in hard work to gain weight as he gets older. You are a great example.

My son has a speech delay. He's 6 and he's smaller than other boys his age and with a noticeable speech problem I tend to worry about him at school. I haven't had any trouble yet thank goodness.
  • Tyyy_
    Options
    @huntersmom2016,you seem like a wonderful person. Im sure no doubt you'd be there for your son when he needs you for encouragement.
  • Tyyy_
    Options
    @mom23mangos Thank you! You son has quite the heart. Very inspiring.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Great job op!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!