Dumb but dehydrated.

Options
My wife thinks in dehydrated.
The last few days i have not been drinking much and today my body is weird.

I dont know why the less water but hey.
I have been getting muscle cramps, hard to sleep all night, pees darker then usual, lightheaded when standing up, soft stool, lower energy and bp higher when standing. Up til 3 days ago never had these symptoms.

Has anyone been dehydrated and are these symptoms im drinking lots today.

Thank you very much.

Replies

• gottagetitoff11
    gottagetitoff11 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say been bloated also.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Ovoid these symptoms and drink your water. Sounds like you are trying to avoid giving it something it naturally needs. Not sure why, but just drink something every hour, you do not have to drown your self in water, or what ever your beverages of choice are.

See a doctor. Listen to your wife!!!

Increased thirst
    Dry mouth
    Bloating
    Weakness
    Dizziness
    Insomnia
    Palpitations (feeling that the heart is jumping or pounding)
    Confusion
    Sluggishness fainting
    Fainting
    Inability to sweat
    Decreased urine output
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are dehydrated. Your urine should be almost clear. The darker it is, the more dehydrated you are. It will also make you dizzy, and even give you a headache. All around, you will feel crappy. Good drink some water.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Drink water and electrolytes. If this doesn't improve quickly, get to the doctor or emergency room. YOu might need IV hydration.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Yes it's severe dehydration. Muscle cramps don't usually occur until you're really dehydrated [caused by an imbalance of electrolytes, which a lack of water can create]. One of the meds I have to take is a sodium binder/diuretic, which often leaves me dehydrated, and I often get those cramps when I wake up in the morning.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »
    Yes it's severe dehydration. Muscle cramps don't usually occur until you're really dehydrated [caused by an imbalance of electrolytes, which a lack of water can create]. One of the meds I have to take is a sodium binder/diuretic, which often leaves me dehydrated, and I often get those cramps when I wake up in the morning.
    Unless the muscle cramps are caused by something else.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    For goodness' sakes, man, drink up!

This means more than one glass of water. You have to drink steadily all day. Your electrolytes will need replenishing as well. I suggest gastrolyte.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating, OP? Are you limiting carbohydrates as well? Are you exercising in the heat?

I'm guessing, like others, that you may be dehydrated, but would like a clearer picture.
  • gottagetitoff11
    Options
    [qauote="Sabine_Stroehm;37253697"]How many calories are you eating, OP? Are you limiting carbohydrates as well? Are you exercising in the heat?

I'm guessing, like others, that you may be dehydrated, but would like a clearer picture.[/quote]

Sabine_Stroehm im eating last few days about 2100 calories not working out as im extremely obese and just starting to eat right. My carbs are about 250 gramd daily.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Why have you been drinking so little, and haven't you been thirsty?
  • gottagetitoff11
    Options

I dont know somtimes when im busy i just do not drink i really dont think about it.

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options

I dont know somtimes when im busy i just do not drink i really dont think about it.

I very rarely get thirsty too. I get a dry mouth when I'm walking or exercising but I don't feel thirsty. I think it's because I don't eat salty or sugary foods (when I used to I was thirsty all the time) I often have to force myself to drink more water or have cordial which tastes better, but rarely drink more than 1 litre.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

It will be good for you to pay more attention to your physical needs. Schedule eating AND drinking, now in the beginning, just to be on the safe side.
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Just drink more water. Whether you want to or not. Or tea. Or whatever. Just count the calories and hit 8 16oz glasses a day
  • VelociFit
    VelociFit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: I'm a nurse, but not a doctor, and can't assess you in person, so take with a grain of salt, etc, etc.

You sound dehydrated from those symptoms, but if drinking more doesn't solve it, do see a doctor ASAP. The simpler explanation is usually the right one, but sometimes it's something more complicated.

Drink even if you're not thirsty--it's not always a reliable marker of dehydration. Really and truly! When in doubt, drink more. And not soda, coffee, or other things with sodium or caffeine, which can actually dehydrate you more.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: I'm a nurse, but not a doctor, and can't assess you in person, so take with a grain of salt, etc, etc.

You sound dehydrated from those symptoms, but if drinking more doesn't solve it, do see a doctor ASAP. The simpler explanation is usually the right one, but sometimes it's something more complicated.

Drink even if you're not thirsty--it's not always a reliable marker of dehydration. Really and truly! When in doubt, drink more. And not soda, coffee, or other things with sodium or caffeine, which can actually dehydrate you more.

Caffeine does not negate the hydration of a mug of coffee, that is often overplayed ...that's from a 1920s study that showed caffeine to be a mild diuretic in the first day of consumption
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I get bad water retention, and the only thing that that gets rid of it is plain water. I drink around 3L of (black) tea a day with added milk, which doesn't help with the water retention at all, probably makes it worse if anything.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    When in doubt, drink more. And not soda, coffee, or other things with sodium or caffeine, which can actually dehydrate you more.

Sodium does not dehydrate you. It causes you to retain water. Therefore, you SHOULD have drinks with sodium and other electrolytes (such as magnesium and potassium) when you are dehydrated. You can simply add salt to your water, have a sports drink, or something like Pedialyte, etc.