Eating out Thai

Options
GonnaDoIt
GonnaDoIt Posts: 36 Member
I am going out for dinner tonight with not many calories to spare. What should I get that will fill me up and not be a calorie killer! I have never eaten Thai food before.....

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I just got chicken pad thai last night! 10 ounces is about 500 calories and it is very filling and delicious!
  • allisshiney
    allisshiney Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own rice paper and vermacelli spring rolls. Pho is not too bad if you get a small bowl.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    ask them if they have a som tum salad, this is a spicy papaya salad that can be served with white noodles called khanom jinn.

Any of the soups are ok as long as no coconut milk so maybe ask for a tum yum gai (chicken) or goong (prawns) and have it with a half portion of thai rice.

thai food is awsome (i lived there for 10 years & married a local) but alot of it is fried in oil or loaded with coconut milk. All diet killers.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Putt/Pad Thai is probably one of the Higher calorie Thai Choices. They have stir fry fish which is good, also their veggie Spring rolls are low in calories.
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    Spring Rolls!! Go light on the dipping sauce. A lot of Thai places have really yummy salads, and they toss the salad with the dressing, ask for light dressing or on the side.
  • InspiretheNow
    Options
    Try asking for a vegetarian selection of meal or just look for it in the menu. Usually, because it's vegetarian, you'll be skipping out on all the high calories meats and seafoods can add to a meal. You can get a veggie meal that's delicious. I love eating out thai food and I am a vegetarian, so that's just my personal experience in all of that. Take your time and eat too! The food is delicious if you give it a chance, but don't eat too fast otherwise you're bound to go over the calorie count just because of the amount you eat. Try saving some food maybe for a good lunch during work one week.
  • GonnaDoIt
    GonnaDoIt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You guys ROCK!!! Thank you for the help! Great suggestions!
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    so how was it? what did you have?