Immunosuppressive and unimpressed

Options
Ashley, 27, Crohns disease, Muay Thai fighter.
Just looking for a but of support for anyone on medication that seem to have hindered weight loss/increased weight.

I was 155lbs in May of last year; after one of my fights my body went bezerk. All my joints swelled to the point of needing help brushing my hair and putting on shoes, and essentially made me bedrest for a couple months. I was started on methotrexate 30mg and, although it helped my body, I gained almost 25lbs in 1 month. Got very depressed because I had worked so hard to get to where I had been, and within 1 month, it was gone.
I have been able to reintroduce exercise and trying to curb my nutrition, however my scale never budges past 170lbs. I focus on the scale as my fight weight is 147-152, but I try to measure how clothes fit and what not.
Trying this all over again to hopefully get back to where I was, any support or <3 appreciated

Replies

• e9196tep
    e9196tep Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry! I've been on methotrexate as well for 1 month but a much lower starting dose to see if my sensitive liver can handle it. I just want you to know it's made me very nauseous and fatigued. I really watch my intake and log my food faithfully. My weight has gone up 5 lbs. this may not sound like much but there were days I struggled to get 700 cal in my system. This week intake is up around 1100-1200. My eyes were swollen and puffy this morning and I'm pretty unhappy about it. I had 20 lbs to go now that's up and time is lost doing it. I'm trying rituxan next week or so. Take care. I hope you can get back to your sport soon. It's a shame to miss out on your passion. Best wishes!
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with sarcoidosis in my lungs. Add me if you want.