NSV -- Starting to become visable again

Options
chezmama
chezmama Posts: 396 Member
I had my first major NSV last Friday! My husband, some friends and I went to a Mexican restaurant. I had fixed my hair and wore makeup and I felt like I was looking pretty good for me. On my way to the bathroom, a cute waiter winked at me. Now I am old enough to be his mom, so I have no illusions that he was interested in me or anything like that, The point is this...I have not been overweight all my life. I didn't used to be invisible. I have noticed that the more weight I gained, the more invisible I seemed to become to the point where I am quite sure that no one could see me at all. Whatever this sweet young man's motivation for winking at me may have been, HE SAW ME! He didn't have something in his eye. HE SAW ME! And it feels amazing to be visible again.

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! :)
  • Peekadoo
    Peekadoo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! I'm dealing with the invisibility issue right now and I know how it feels, so WAY TO GO, GIRL!!
  • debdptg
    debdptg Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Powerful insight - I see myself in your words.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am starting to experience the same thing and doesn't it feel wonderful!?:happy:
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Powerful insight - I see myself in your words.

I agree -- I never thought about it before -- but you are right. I am invisible. Can't wait until I'm visible AGAIN.

Thanks for your post.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    . Whatever this sweet young man's motivation for winking at me may have been, HE SAW ME! He didn't have something in his eye. HE SAW ME! And it feels amazing to be visible again.

This is probably one of the sweetest NSV I have ever read!!! Keep up the good work and may many other winks come your way! :wink:
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    You wrote straight out of my head,
    I have been dealing with that same issue
    for way to long now, like you I haven't always been
    overweight either, but it's been to long since I have felt desireable!

My husband is an awesome man though,, no matter how much
    I have gained, he always tells me I'm beautiful, of course the little
    voice in my head over rides him and says 'yeah right" go get new glasses!

I am however on my way to being lifelong healthy and fit! Good luck to you too
    and Congrats on that amazing feeling, I do remember how that feels :flowerforyou:
  • Nomarfan
    Nomarfan Posts: 36
    Options
    You are not alone and I can honestly say Congratulations!! I know how it feels to be invisible and the first time you felt 'visible' again! I'm very happy for you!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Wow.That one really got me! I'm sincerely very happy for you!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Wow!! I thought I was the only one who felt like I didnt exist! I have been so accustomed to getting attention anywhere I went that I didnt realise that over the years I let myself go to the point where I wasn't even noticed!! I am happy for you that you experienced what you did at the restaurant! I hope soon I will too!
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's great! I have experienced that a little bit with male attention, and it feels great. It's a shame that, especially for women, we become invisible when we are overweight. But yeah, awesome!
  • Julezebub
    Julezebub Posts: 106
    Options
    Thats a really touching story. It says so much about what we are like as people. I'd like to think that waiter responded to the happiness and confidence that has been reborn in you. Good luck in your journey!
  • dashbeaujippers
    dashbeaujippers Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling you speek of.... I haven't always been heavy either, and over the years I have just slowly gained a little, then a little more....and you know the rest....It is great to start to be noticed again, and not just by the really old ones, that may have questionable vision, that would be happy to get anyone..... you know what I mean, You are right, it makes you feel like you are comming alive again.... I am craving that.... I have lost about 9 lbs, but being as heavy as I am, it is not visibly noticable yet.... your post is inspiring me to keep up the good work..... so thank you. :)
  • Gulfgrammy
    Gulfgrammy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to being invisible having been over weight my entire life. You feel like you are on cloud nine when you are noticed ... it'a agreat ego builder. Glad you got that warm fuzzy feeling. Every girl deserves to be noticed by males .Hang in there and you will be visible to everyone soon.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering what he would think if he only knew the power that one little wink had. He probably doesn't even remember doing it, but it had such an impact on me. It's interesting to think what one very small acknowledgement of another human being can do.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    aww thats a touching story. glad u feel like the you thats been invisible is starting to shine through :)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I just posted something similar on Saturday, in my feed. I went out for dinner and then a walk with my partner. While walking, I got catcalls, honks, and a few more subtle nods or smiles from passing gentlemen. It was very flattering and so, I know how you feel.

Good to hear that you are becoming visible again! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!