Stuck in a rut and feeling low

Options
Hi everyone, I have been working on losing weight for just over 2 months now. I am 20 years old and weighed 16 stone at the beginning. I am down to 14 stone 2 lbs but my weight hasn't shifted now for nearly 3 weeks. I exercise 5/6 days a week, jogging, circuit training, bike machine etc as well as weight training. I have a fitbit and walk over 10,000 steps nearly every day. I calorie count everything I eat and rarely go over 1200 calories but I just can't seem to shift anymore weight.

I know that these things take time but I am starting to feel so down and low. All of my friends weigh under 10 stone and have great bodies and every time we go out I hate the way I look. I dread everything because all I can think about is what other people think of how I look.

Does anyone else feel this way? I am not trying to be dramatic but sometimes it is really defeating. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Any tips for kick starting the weight loss again?

Replies

• 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back all of your exercise calories? I just had a small stall where I was eating back a few too many. I've tapered back a bit and started losing again.
  • jmidd97
    jmidd97 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I won't be much help, because I'm having the same problem...but yes, I know how you're feeling. Remember, you're only two months in, and stalls/plateaus are common. Weight loss is rarely beautifully linear. Just keep going, and if its feasible maybe decrease the calories.
  • Diana05100316
    Diana05100316 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough... I was/am just like you. Till I took a metabolic test. It analyzes how effeciently you use oxygen and runs a calculation based on life style/exercise and will tell you the base amount of calories that your body needs to maintain basic functions and cell repair, then adds in calories when taken in to context how much you exercise. I was eating under 1200 calories, but my base metabolic rate is 1485. Essentially I was starving my body, without meaning to. So up the calories, SLOWLY, you might gain some weight because we have eaten under what our body needs that it will hold onto the new intake because our body feels the surplus of food is temporary... BUT once your body gets use to running with more fuel in the tank it will burn more efficiently and let go of fat, because there is no need to store it anymore....
    First though, have a real professional metabolic test to see what you should be giving your body at a base level feul.... best of luck and just keep swimming :)