Need Friends!

Options
I've been doing My Fitness Pal for roughly a month and a half. I just had a baby boy on May 17th. During the pregnancy I gained LOTS of weight. I would love to lose 110 lbs. total. I am currently 20 lbs. down and need motivation.

7815533.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new addition!
  • dani921
    dani921 Posts: 8
    Options
    I know it may be a little late to start this convo, but did you consider/are you breastfeeding. I don't have any kids but I hear that burns a ton of calories. Best of luck in your journey!
  • JessieEstes84
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • JessieEstes84
    Options
    No breastfeeding here. This is my fourth and last baby and I've never breastfed.
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi! I added you :-) Congrats on the baby!
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new baby! That's wonderful.

I'm just re-starting my MFP and would love to have some motivating friends who have a bit of weight to lose! Feel free to add me. I'd love it.
  • MaryAnn919
    Options
    Congratulations on your new baby. I recently joined myfitness pal. I used to go to Weight Watchers. I lost over 100 pounds there. I have regained 40. I need it to stop now before it is all back.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new baby. I recently joined myfitness pal. I used to go to Weight Watchers. I lost over 100 pounds there. I have regained 40. I need it to stop now before it is all back.

Good for you MaryAnn for catching it now! Sadly, I did not. I lost around 70 pounds on WW back in 2000. I mostly kept it off until around 2005, then it started creeping back on. Now, I'm starting from scratch, plus an extra 10 pounds! SO frustrated with myself. You're doing the right thing! You know you can do it.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you family could be your motivation, or even better yourself. You can do this, you have already started all you need to do is continue.
  • pamela1129
    pamela1129 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Pamela. Well, usually it's Mom. Or Moooooooooooooom!!! There's generally more syllables, but you get the idea. I have four children and I'm a tad bit fluffy.

Ok, I'm the size of an Orca whale.

I started MFP a bit over a week ago and I'm loving the way it helps me track my intake and exercise and everything else.

I'd love to have some weight loss buddies who have a ton of weight to lose. I've always dieted solo and I wonder if having friends to cheer me on (and for me to cheer them on) would help.

In my lifetime I've lost the weight equivalent of a small Chinese village. Once I lost it all, then ate my way through the grief of caring for my mom as she died from cancer. Ah yes, emotional eating. Good times, good times.

Not really.

So, friends? Are you out there? :bigsmile:
  • pamela1129
    pamela1129 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    oops, did I post this in the wrong thread?