reducing overall calories enough to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I buy a no sugar added ice cream, it tastes the same as regular but far less calories, so i can have a decent amount instead of a piddly 1/2 a cup.
    I save my icecream, chocolate topping and sliced banana dessert for the days i don't have many calories left, like tonight (Monday).
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I eat low-fat frozen yogurt most nights, 110 calories per serving.
  • terrinicolefit
    terrinicolefit Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I just started buying heathy Greek yogurts (macros are usually around the 40/40/20 range) and freezing them. Then when it's time to eat it, I microwave it for a few seconds and mush it up. Looks like icecream. Tastes really good. Not like icecream but pretty close. I get different flavors to change it up and my icecream cravings have finally went away! And it fees like a treat even though it's actually healthy and fits in my macros and calories. I have a HUGE sweet tooth... Especially when it comes to icecream.
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will still lose weight even if you eat over your set allottment - providing you are not eating more calories than your body needs. It's just going to be a lot slower and there's nothing wrong with slower. I'm losing about a pound or 2 a month at this point. But I'm also eating around 2000 a day.