Low calorie,healthy breakfast ideas

Options
celumie
celumie Posts: 22 Member
Im looking for some low calorie, healthy breakfast ideas. Preferably stuff made from day to day ingredients like normal things your likely to have in your fridge

Replies

• lizzynose
    lizzynose Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are great, I just had spinach, kale, half a banana, some frozen pineapple and 0 fat Greek yogurt

Overnight oats are awesome. At the moment I am loving chocolate chia pudding which is just chia, cacoa powder, 2 dates and almond milk.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelet with shredded cheese and veggies on toast (about 200 cal, depending on how much cheese)

Greek yogurt with fruit and granola (250-300 cal, depending on the granola brand)

Frozen waffle with 1tbsp pb & 1tbsp jelly (240 cal)
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Eggs and fruit. Poached on whole wheat English muffins or scrambled with veggies and wrapped in a wheat tortilla or plain.

Lowfat, low sugar yogurt and fruit. Big bowl of plain Greek yogurt with Splenda and fruit.

Plain oatmeal with peanut butter or peanut butter powder stirred in plus a banana.

Whole grain, high fiber, high protein, low sugar cereal with fat free milk. Fruit.

Add things like nuts or cheese or chicken sausage or bacon or leftover protein from dinner depending on calories.

Breakfast doesn't have to be traditional, either. You can have chicken and veggies if you want.

For me, anything that is mostly carbs and not matched with some protein and fat = a hunger spike in two hours.

Mainly, I don't eat breakfast during the week.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    250g Greek yogurt/cottage cheese mixed with peanut butter/PB2 and chia seeds (10g) with a small piece of fruit (often an apple or a peach). It tends to be around 400-450 calories for me, but I could make it under 300 calories if I subbed the peanut butter for all PB2 (I typically do 17g peanut butter with 6-7g PB2, because I often struggle to meet my fat macro) and nixed the chia seeds.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I just had some baked oatmeal with nectarines and blackberries for around 200 calories. This is a slightly different recipe, but same idea: http://www.skinnytaste.com/baked-oatmeal-with-blueberries-and/

Also love plain Greek yogurt with fruit, honey, nuts, and cereal mixed in
    Omelets with vegetables
    Crockpot oatmeal