READY TO BE A CHOCOLATE THIN SHAKE!!!

Options
HELLO MFP'S...

Im currently new to these forums but not mfp... i had an account before but fell way short of my goal which is 170lbs :(, being a new mom and all it was difficult for me to take care my daughter and try to lose weight.. i did manage to keep off 20lbs post pregnancy which has me at my current weight of 231.... today i start a double journey of weight loss and going natural with my hair! i figure my hair will be a reflection of my weight.. as my hair grows my progress of weight loss will as well... so today i will be chopping my hair off and begin to chop off this weight... i hope to gain new friends/ motivaters in addition to the ones i currently have (exfatgurl & kingkaymama).. so with that being said hello to you all and let the journey begin!!! :smile:

Replies

• cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey!! You can do it!!
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    wow that is an interesting concept i wish you well and i'd love to see how long your hair gets!!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i like how youre going to cut your hair and let that be a show of your progress......that's awesome...good luck
  • KimberlyAbbas
    Options
    I'm excited to follow you on your weight loss and hair growth journey! :) Best of luck!
  • SandraCarrizales
    Options
    I feel you! I gained quite a bit of weight when I had my daughter 2 yrs ago. My goal is 160lbs. I started out last March at 251lbs. I currently weigh 219lbs. It has taken me 15 months to lose 32lbs. It can be a struggle to focus on yourself when you're caring for a young child. But you can do it! It will be well worth it in the end. Feel free to add me! I feel like we have some things in common. I love to connect with others who share the same struggles. Maybe we can find that motivation and encouragement together.
  • twilightfan20
    twilightfan20 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That 200 range feels like one hard obstacle to overcome, but with great support, we can do anything!! I started at 290 last January, and now I'm at 260. Those numbers ending in zero are a battle with me.

393342.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • 2chubby4now
    2chubby4now Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome! What a clever idea! You can do it!
  • ChocolateThinShake
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT.. YOU GUYS JUST MADE THIS JOURNEY EVEN MORE EXCITING!!!!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!! Love the hair idea, I have so many friends going natural now!
  • loveisme
    loveisme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love your username!!! At the beginning of this year I reached my heaviest,over the last two years after getting laid off,I gained an extra 44lbs for a total of 225. I'm currently 215, have joined two challenges here on MFP...one for July and a 10 week...I hope to be closer to my goal in September. I love this site,it's inspiring to see all the weight folks have lost and motivates me to stay on track and focused...together we can accomplish our goals!!!!!
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    Good luck on your journey..we can do this...you are not in this alone!