Where are my former WW peeps???

Options
I'm so glad I found this site.
On the old system I was able to drop 30 lbs. in a year and I made lifetime. I became pregnant and when I came back, it was the new program. I dropped 15 lbs. pretty quickly but after that I hit a plateau for 7 months!!!! I was between 166 and 170 for months on end. My leader urged me not to quit and I feel badly for having switched to MFP but something had to give. I couldn't waste my money on WW anymore.
I've lost about 3 lbs. so far and am happy to be below 166, finally!

Replies

• LadyPHX
    LadyPHX Posts: 52
    Options
    Former WW peep here.
    I got tired of counting points, feeling left out, and people blindly following blogs. It got too cliquish for me, and I felt like why pay all this money when there is a resource for FREE? Where I can see fat, carb, protein, fiber, and vitamin breakdown? No contest.
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    When they went from the Flex Points to Points Plus it got too confusing. I was only doing the online program and still paying $16.95 a month, and I just couldn't get motivated to learn another new system - plus, I don't want to be paying them forever. I was looking for a good calorie counter app for my phone one day and found the MFP app, which led me to the site. I like the simplicity of counting calories for both food and exercise, which is much easier to sustain than counting points and having those points change at the whims of WW's corporate office. Besides, the food database here is better.
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i was on WW boards for a while, but i stopped logging on about a year or two ago. it just got wayyyy too catty for me. everyone was constantly PMSing, and it wasnt a supportive environment. i was originally just there for support, because i always felt counting calories was more productive than the points system.
  • LadyPHX
    LadyPHX Posts: 52
    Options
    i was on WW boards for a while, but i stopped logging on about a year or two ago. it just got wayyyy too catty for me. everyone was constantly PMSing, and it wasnt a supportive environment. i was originally just there for support, because i always felt counting calories was more productive than the points system.
    Truer.words.were.never.spoken. It was like being in a dysfunctional sorority. Between the cliques and the blog worship and all that freaking counting and the pitches for neon yogurt, WW cheese, or some other junk, I was done. :p
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Former WW here a well!! When my doc. told me about this site, I came home and looked it up immediately! I then went straight to my WW account and canceled & never looked back. I love this place and Im just so eager to log every single day. I didn't have that "oomph" w/ WW. And to think about the money I wasted...ugh!!
  • Mrspoulos
    Mrspoulos Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm here too! Lost about 22 on WW the first time in 2002, hitting my adult low of 162. Gained a bit over the next few years off the program, then lost 10 to get down to 174 for my wedding. Now at 196 and sick and tired of being sick and tired of this weight.

I've been tracking the last three days. The first two days, I was over my calories (granted it, was Fourth of July weekend), but today I'm doing well and will exercise tonight.

@Cherilea -- I'm also rejoicing in NOT having to waste any more money at this time!
  • Cherilea
    Options
    i was on WW boards for a while, but i stopped logging on about a year or two ago. it just got wayyyy too catty for me. everyone was constantly PMSing, and it wasnt a supportive environment.

Isn't that the truth! Many were so witchy and rude! Dang, if losing weight made them that way..have a piece of pie already and become a respectable human being!! I posted on the WW forum, once, and the next thing I know, I had the WW Crabby Society Gang coming after me. :huh:
  • meljoh1
    meljoh1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I lost 50lbs the first time i joined WW after i had my first daughter and felt great. I tried again after having my son and second daughter to no avail. the program changed and the little calculator that u carry around was just to visible for me. It"s day three with myfitnesspal and so far so good loving the app on my BB, simple and easy. I'm in this for the long hall now. 30 day shred starts tomorrow! I've heard it"s a good workout! wish me luck
  • Cherilea
    Options
    30 day shred starts tomorrow! I've heard it"s a good workout! wish me luck

Im on Level 1 Day 3 of the Shred. I am doing it w/ 5 lb weights, although for one exercise Im going with a 3 lb weight. My arms hurt...but I think I see biceps forming! lol
  • NewLeafEats
    NewLeafEats Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Here! I lost the majority of my weight with Weight Watchers. I love the program and I think it's great for people who are new to eating healthy, but as I transitioned into "real" food instead of "diet" food, I sort of adjusted the program to fit my scenario. I hated how on Momentum the points were way slanted in favor of fake fiber and eating nuts or an avocado was like a disaster to my day. I hated how unfair that was. I also hated being given so few points (21 was way too low for me!). So I kept with the eTools (which I loved!), but started counting points at 50 calories per point and not adjusting for fat and fiber. Eventually I just switched to using the Livestrong journal for calories. Then I quit counting off and on after I switched to maintenance.

I still have a lot of love for the Weight Watchers program, but like many here, I hated the pressure of eating highly processed bread and yogurt.

I played around with the new Points Plus program for about two weeks after it came out and I did love it. I loved the changes they made, but I still wasn't keen on the major penalization of carbs. I figured it would be alright because I do retain water if I eat too much carbs, but it was really excessive. I don't like being too discrimintory toward my food, particularly when I'm eating real food to begin with. I do like that they made fruits and non-starchy veg 0 points though. And also that they lifted the penalization on fats, and everyone got more points (many said it balanced out, but I was eating real food to begin with, so it really was "more points" for me) In the end, though, the issue against carbs made it ridiculous for me to care to follow, so I just went back to intuitive eating and sporadic calorie counting.
  • NewLeafEats
    NewLeafEats Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i was on WW boards for a while, but i stopped logging on about a year or two ago. it just got wayyyy too catty for me. everyone was constantly PMSing, and it wasnt a supportive environment.

Isn't that the truth! Many were so witchy and rude! Dang, if losing weight made them that way..have a piece of pie already and become a respectable human being!! I posted on the WW forum, once, and the next thing I know, I had the WW Crabby Society Gang coming after me. :huh:

Yeah, I'm not sure I ever had that happen. I was only involved in a few random forums and they were all nice, but I didn't like how obsessed they were with getting to a certain number. This may have just been my little group, and I admit I was stressed out about dropping "the last three pounds" too, but even then I could see that eating 1200 calories and working out two hours a day every day and never eating back their exercise points was ridiculous behavior.