LOOOVE GARLIC BREAD!!!

Options
I love garlic bread....i can't get enough....can't even think about eat spaghetti without it.....

does anybody have a healthy recipe?

Replies

• sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options
    I love garlic bread....i can't get enough....can't even think about eat spaghetti without it.....

does anybody have a healthy recipe?
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    This is really simplistic... but I love it. :bigsmile:

1 slice wheat bread - 60 cals
    1 tsp Smart Balance Lite Spread - 45 cals
    Few Shakes Garlic Powder - 9 cals (to lightly cover toast)

Total cals: 114 per slice

Toast bread in toaster oven, pull out halfway through toasting, spread with butter and sprinkle garlic powder. Return to toaster oven.

I never knew there was another way to make it. :ohwell: (Other than wrapped in tin foil in the oven.)
  • saskia
    saskia Posts: 31
    Options
    Here's one. http://caloriecount.about.com/low-cal-garlic-bread-recipe-r92355

You can also make spanish garlic bread in a healthy variation. Grill wholewheat bread, rub garlic on it and pour a wee bit of olive oil on it. In spain i usually had them with chopped tomatoes on top but with spaghetti you could just do garlic.
  • jdlove
    jdlove Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    instead of buttering and sprinkling with garlic power. Mix garlic powder or real garlic with the butter then butter toasted bread. I often make this.
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I found something called "butter buds" too that is supposed to taste like butter but not NEARLY as many calories. You sprinkle it on and it melts a lot like butter too.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I use that "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter" Spray on a lot of things. I know it's "fake," mostly water actually but it works for me for that butter fix.
  • sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options
    LOL!!!!!:laugh: i knew it was simple but i'm new to cooking so sometimes i try and make things too complicated when there is nothing to it.....

Thanks everyone:flowerforyou:
  • Dustdevil
    Options
    Go to you favorite kitchen gadget store, I like Bed, Bath and Beyond - plus the independent shops. Purchase a Garlic Roaster (ceramic). Follow the directions to roast your own head of garlic. Spread on Wasa Multigrain crisps or on toasted wheat bread. NO NEED FOR BUTTER with roasted garlic!!!

I would rather have this than a bread stick from Olive Garden!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I'm with dustdevil, I just take a garlic bulb, cut off the top so the indiv garlic heads show, drizzle with a little olive oil. wrap in aluminum foil and bake until soft. Spreads like butter!:love: