New to My Fitness Pal

Options
Hi Everyone. I am new to my fitness pal. I have been really down on myself with a very low self esteem the past few months and I think my weight has a lot to do with it. I need to lose about 40 lbs, but I am going to take it one pound at a time. Anyone interetsed in taking this slow and steady journey with me let me know.
~Erica

Replies

• CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    hi, welcome
  • mcgwnkrista
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love it here, everyone is so encouraging and keeping track of your food intake and exercise is a great motivator. Feel free to add me, I've been a member for 3-4 weeks and I've already lost 3lbs and become obsessed (in a good way) with MFP.
  • StephanieStarke
    Options
    Hi Erica! You can do it! I've been on MFP for four months, and I've lost just that-40 lbs! I have another 40 to go. It's been the best tool I've ever had to help me reach my goals. Let me know if you need any help or encouragement!!!:happy:
  • drsanch68
    drsanch68 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am ready for this with you! One day at a time, one lb. at a time! You can do this!
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Congratulations on making the decision and commitment to do such a kind and nurturing thing for yourself. You are awesome!

Slow and steady is the right attitude. Focus on the process and consistency and your results will come.

I joined with 32 lbs to lose and am down about 9 lbs. It's good to look at monthly progress versus daily or even weekly due to natural fluctuations.... keep your eye on long term, lasting results and they will come.

Feel free to send a friend request.

You can do it Erica!
  • mxmandani
    mxmandani Posts: 109
    Options
    You can do this :D We're all hear for you
  • ericarolf
    ericarolf Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support and motivation!