Sweet treat ideas

Options
Hi, I have a real issue with craving sweet treats on an evening. I have two children so I can't eradicate treats from the house. I've turned to 'light' hot chocolate on an evening but does anyone know anything else that's low on sugar and fat that will do the same job as 6 digestive biscuits!?! ;) Thank you.

Replies

• witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I've just discovered protein pancakes! I buy mine from "My Protein" but I am sure other places probably do it too. I get the golden syrup flavour.

I have half of the serving which makes me one small pancake. It's just under 100 cals. You could probably eat it on it's own but I like to have mine with chopped strawberries or blueberries and some light squirty cream. If I have enough calories left for the day I will have nutella on it too.

I also like to have a bowl of cereal on a night. My favourite is chocolate Weetabix (I have two pieces) and I heat the milk up. I only have a little bit of milk and think that comes in at around 250 cals.

If you are really low on calories then sugar free jelly is always a good one :) The squirty cream I use is the anchor light one and for 12.5g it's only 24 calories so that on some sugar free jelly would be a little sweet treat and under 50 calories :)
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    or protein fluff, also super good! Kinda like a whipped ice cream, very fluffy. It's a little hard to describe but very good.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Nothing really does that, but can't you have like 2 biscuits?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I second Protein fluff, high volume, low calorie and filling.
  • MrsLuca
    MrsLuca Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like Trader Joe's raspberry & cream bars (ice cream-ish treats). They're 80 calories, 1g fat and 10g carbs (9g sugar). They're small but just the right size for before bed.