What's your favorite keto pasta or noodle?

Options
Christie23
Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
edited July 2016 in Recipes
I love zoodles, but my husband despises zucchini. I know there are a lot of different types out there, but some people gush over them and some say they're just mush. Do you have a favorite storebought low carb noodle and why do you like it so much?

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Black bean pasta. Lots of protein. Low carb high fiber. Other than that your only option is shirataki noodles...
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I like kelp noodles. I use them in Asian-based recipes but would not use the as a sub for traditional pasta.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I like carrots and cucumber, but they're really only good raw. Spaghetti squash is delicious, but harder to prepare, imho.

Shredded cabbage is ok for some things, but has a stronger taste than zucchini.

Does he also dislike yellow squash or calabacita? The lighter color peels on those have a milder taste, but very similar to the zucchini.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I like the shirataki yam noodles the best. If you rinse them off well and then quickly boil them for a few minutes. They absorb the flavor of whatever you mix them with. I put them in soups as well. Very tasty!
  • fallana
    fallana Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I mainly do the spaghetti squash. It's not difficult to prepare at all. Takes time to roast in oven, but you can also microwave.
  • bassklan
    bassklan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Pasta Zero noodles from Walmart.
  • thamesgina
    thamesgina Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How many carbs are in the pasta zero noodles?
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of these Pasta Zero noodles! Must google immediately.
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    its the same as shirataki, just a different brand.
  • bellaeliza08
    bellaeliza08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ponycyndi wrote: »
    I like carrots and cucumber, but they're really only good raw. Spaghetti squash is delicious, but harder to prepare, imho.

Shredded cabbage is ok for some things, but has a stronger taste than zucchini.

Does he also dislike yellow squash or calabacita? The lighter color peels on those have a milder taste, but very similar to the zucchini.

Carrots and squash are too high in carbs for your average below 20 gms of carbs day