Appetite loss

Options
Okay I need some help! I workout every morning from about 430 to 6am Monday through Friday. And when I'm done I cannot eat! I have zero appetite and I'm left just feeling bloated and kinda groggy. Anyone else have this problem? I feel like I should be starving g after a workout. But I can go like 5 hrs without an appetite. Anyone have suggestions? I feel it's not a good thing to wait so long alter a workout to eat but I feel worse when I try to force food down.

Replies

• daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine that forcing yourself to eat after a workout is necessary, unless you're feeling faint and/or lightheaded.

I get up early every morning to walk 2 or 3 miles, and the last thing I want to do after I'm done and sweaty is go eat. I say wait until you're hungry.
  • kaymarhin77
    kaymarhin77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had that problem I usually have a piece of fruit and 20oz of water before I workout and water during my workout....I workout 75mins and by the time I am finished I am tired but I make myself have a protein shake or eggs with fruit to prevent blood sugar problems and replace protein I lost during the workout.
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Do you eat the appropriate amount of calories throughout the rest of the day? If so, it's not really important that those come long after exercising as opposed to just after. :)
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    As long as you aren't feeling sick/weak/lethargic/etc fasting is okay.
    I work day and night.. I get hungry after my day work out but after my night I don't have an appetite at all.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do you eat before you work out?

how many cals do you eat? are you eating in a deficit?