I'm new

Options
Hi. I'm new to My Fitness Pal. I need to lose a significant amount of weight--my doctor always lowers her voice a little and hisses "morbidly obese." I feel like a deer in the headlights, but here goes anyhow.

Replies

• kdchick99
    kdchick99 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!!! I use to live in IN and graduated from Ball State University in 2002. Take what the doctor has to say, but don't take it personal. Which for any person is difficult!!!!!!!!!!! Start making small changes and get started from there! At least you are trying by using the website, but you got to check in regular and track your progress!!!!! Good luck and feel free to write or ask questions.
  • MaryAnn919
    Options
    I have lost a significant amount of weight in the past - over 100 pounds. I have recently regained 40 of those pounds. I am afraid I will find them all back on me. I am relatively new here too. I found it as an app for my IPAD. I use it and then don't post. When I don't post it is because I said "To hell with it. Let me eat what I want. " I am determined to stop that. I need friends who are in the same boat for support!!!
  • ZombieEris
    Options
    Hey, I'm new as well and I completely understand how you feel. I had this one doctor to that to me as a teenager, and that wasn't a peasant experience at all. But keep your head up, with a little work you'll be able to have it off in no time..
  • april41981
    april41981 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ... I use it and then don't post. When I don't post it is because I said "To hell with it. Let me eat what I want. " I am determined to stop that. I need friends who are in the same boat for support!!!

I'm new also! I have the same issue! I always start a program with good intentions, but I love to cook and always feel like a diet won't let me eat what I want. I also hope to find a way to learn that eating is not supposed to be an event or a reward, but a way to fuel my body.
  • suzannedth
    suzannedth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes and for sharing your stories. I'm hopeful.
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Feel free to add me as a friend. This site is great, and keeps you accountable. It has helped me a lot!
  • sche1amy
    sche1amy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. I am always looking for new people to chat with!