Going vegan

Options
I'm working on going vegan and I want to know how I can get my calories in if I'm only eating two quality meals a day.

Replies

• mickey2942
    mickey2942 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yes, using coconut oil for cooking, or olive oil on salads, you will have no problems with maintaining calories. Eat complex carbs, like sweet potatoes, quinoa. Protien, from peanut butter, nuts, seeds, or even Protien drinks made with vegetable protein.

The real issue, is to watch the carbs, and get enough proteins.
  • saraha991
    saraha991 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please dont cut carbs, carbs are not the enemy most vegans eat a high carb diet that keeps them feeling great, staying fit and looking awesome!!. I would recommend joining a few vegan facebook groups online for support from other people that follow a vegan diet. There are so many ways to eat vegan but a whole foods diet is the healthiest.
    Check out the film "folks over knives"

youtube is a fantastic resource for finding information about vegan nutrition. Check out the "Bite Size Vegan" channel and Dr Michael Gregers "How Not To Die" google talk on youtube.

I also wouldnt recomend only eating 2 meals a day as food travels much more easily and quickly through your body without animal products clogging up your digestion.... so you will probably have to eat a few times more over the day.
  • sjp0278
    sjp0278 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the help.
  • PricillaKorea
    PricillaKorea Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Lots of calorie dense foods! Dates, bananas, oats, beans, lentils, nuts and nut butters. The options are endless!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Starches and lentils/beans, as your base. Carbs from plants are good (not processed refined foods like white bread). It will be very hard to only eat 2 meals a day and get everything you need. From all the fiber you will be eating, you will fill full before you can finish everything.