Period.

Options
2»

Replies

• Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I just push through it. Honestly it's mind over matter. Also, working out helps your cramps.
  • momma712
    momma712 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I did talk to my doctor he said unless I'm done having children there isn't much he can do that was with birth control and off it is about the same
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I push through it, I know why I am feeling bad (sometimes I don't feel that bad, sometimes I do and mixing symptoms) but I ALWAYS feel better afterwards, not just psychically but mentally as well.

Wait till peri-menopause rolls around! It's fun!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have two Ibuprofens (not the prescription kind, that leaves me dizzy too) and sometimes I have to take two tylenols too, but it makes the pain go away and I'm good to go.

I don't understand why anyone would just stay in bed in pain when there are pain relievers available.
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I push through it, I know why I am feeling bad (sometimes I don't feel that bad, sometimes I do and mixing symptoms) but I ALWAYS feel better afterwards, not just psychically but mentally as well.

Wait till peri-menopause rolls around! It's fun!

Hot flashes mid summer SUCK!!!!!!
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Question
    Do you gain with your period ? How much?
    I gain anywhere between 2 + 7lbs (2if I work my *kitten* off and 7 if I just give j to every craving)
  • RitaRose91
    RitaRose91 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you're cramps are that bad maybe you should see your doctor. You may have a more serious condition, or your cramping can be treated with birth control to reduce cramps.

I've tried birth control twice (pills) the first time I had to take it when I was taking another kind of medication and while it helped reduce my period and cramps I gained like 20 lbs on it. And the second time my doctor gave me a milder kind but I had worse cramps and bled everyday straight for three months. And I don't really like other forms of bc just because almost everyone I know whose had the other kinds have had some negative experience with it and I just don't want to deal with that cause my luck it would end up bad lol

koslowkj wrote: »
    Have you looked into prescription medication? Severe cramps can be a legitimate medical condition. I always had really bad (sometimes debilitating) cramps and really irregular periods growing up, and when I finally went on birth control it was amazing, my cramps disappeared overnight (overmonth?) and I haven't bled unexpectedly in half a decade. If OTC meds don't seem to do the trick, talk to your doctor.

I take prescription ibuprofen 600 mg if I'm working 800 mg if I'm not and it usually helps, but sometimes not if my cramps are extreme to the point it makes me puke...and then read the above paragraph about my experience with bc

Question
    Do you gain with your period ? How much?
    I gain anywhere between 2 + 7lbs (2if I work my *kitten* off and 7 if I just give j to every craving)

Normally I gain, but this past month I lost about two pounds, but I just felt like *kitten*, since I've been eating healthier lately I've noticed a difference especially with the salt intake
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    i usually stick a heat pad on my abdomen and crack on. i run, and that seems to help as well. I don't suffer from really bad cramps though, so i tend to get on ok during TOM.
  • RitaRose91
    RitaRose91 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    gillie80 wrote: »
    i usually stick a heat pad on my abdomen and crack on. i run, and that seems to help as well. I don't suffer from really bad cramps though, so i tend to get on ok during TOM.

seriously growing up heating pads saved my life!! also not relevant...I just realized why we use "TOM" as a reference...lmfao!
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    took me a while too lol.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I have goals. If I don't work out, I am farther away from achieving them. Basically it hurts me more to not work out, than to push myself and do it.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Shark week is the worst. I ended up getting sick on top of it this month. Took it as a sign to take a break and let my body rest for a day.

Typically, I just power through. Lots of water, healthy eating, and walk it out. If it's really bad, I take a few ibuprofen. Heating pads help, too. I also have a guilty pleasure during that time - a Ghirardelli intensely dark chocolate square. :)

Hope you feel better soon!
  • foxygirl14
    foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The first 2 days I just do yoga :P It really helps with cramps and lower back tension too :)