Sea World ride restrictions

Options
crystalroselynn
crystalroselynn Posts: 117 Member
So I'm going to sea world soon and I'm afraid I won't fit in the rides. I fit in the Disneyland ones well I can barely squeeze into the log ride at California adventure. Anyways I've read the website but it dosent really say anything about weight.

Has anyone experienced restrictions on the rides at sea world? I don't want to be embarrassed.

Replies

• bemyyfriend0918
    bemyyfriend0918 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I always worry when I go to amusement parks. I have never actually not been able to ride, however even when I was 250lbs at 5'4 I had to sit on the "big people" chairs on the steel coasters at Dorney and Hersheypark. I remember at that weight when I went, they actually had me move to a bigger seat once, and I had to have help getting strapped in on a few of them. Could you imagine my embarrassment? My trouble seemed to be on any ride that required the over the shoulder harness (the ones they give you on the fun steel coasters that loop upside down, where your feet hang). I never had trouble on any sit down rides or wooden coasters. When I was my heaviest, 298lbs last summer, I didn't even bother trying the steel coasters because I knew that if I had so much trouble at 250, I'd never get in at 298. I have so much anxiety going to amusement parks anymore, to the point where I don't even have a good time.

I will mention though, that I don't know your stats and it varies by body shape. I remember going to those amusement parks and fitting just fine when I was 230lbs, but at 250 I struggled. I know men who weigh 300+ that don't have issues though. My issue is that I have HUGE hips and thighs.

I am going to Hersheypark at the end of august and I am currently 203lbs - hopefully by the time I go I am about ten pounds lighter, and wont have any issues. I'd assume that 195lbs should be able to ride all the rides regardless? But we'll see.

I hope you have alot of fun though! I have heard that places like Disney and SeaWorld have bigger seats than places like Dorney and Hersheypark.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I went to Sea World last month. I think you should be fine if Disneyland rides were ok. They should have a # you can call.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    . Anyways I've read the website but it dosent really say anything about weight.

Has anyone experienced restrictions on the rides at sea world? I don't want to be embarrassed.

Rides/Roller Coasters, do not go by weight, Different people carry weight differently.

Most of the newer coasters will have a chair at the entrance of the rides that you can test fit before getting in line.

Actually this very situation is what jump started my weight loss at Cedar Fairs Kings Island.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I am upset you are going to seaworld actually. To support thugs who harm the whales and dolphins.

giphy.gif
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    I was going to add to the discussion of moral implications of supporting Sea World, but I found myself getting angry and it would just derail the thread.

So I'll just add a funny/not funny anecdote of how at my fattest I got stuck in an inner tube on a waterslide at Schlitterbahn. I couldn't get my fat butt out of the tube and had to have one of the lifeguards help lift me out. Not my proudest moment.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Sea World has seats outside of their thrill rides for concerned riders to check if they fit before going into the queue. It's usually right at the entrance of the queue. Many of the rides also have a few larger seats to accommodate passengers with chest spans over a certain size.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sea World are mean though