P90(x) Group Starting on Monday 6/27/11

Options
Gary6030
Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
Just received my P90 Videos last night. I think this is what I need to get this last 55 - 60 lbs off. I'm doing the First P90 and hoping to move up to the P90X. I'm looking for others that would like to embark on the 90 day journey. If you are interested reply to the topic and send me a friend invite! We can encourage one another and track all of our progress!

Replies

• 3trees
    3trees Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi Gary,
    I just started P90X this week, so I'm just one week ahead of you. Are you doing P90 or P90X? I did P90 last fall - it was a great workout for me and helped prepare me for the X.
    Sarah
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    hi i'm starting p90 are you doing p90 or p90x?
  • Gary6030
    Options
    I"m doing the P90. I'm not ready for P90X. I was told that if I could run this through two times I would be ready for P90X. So that's my goal. 180 days of P90 and then hoping to get to P90X by the first of the year. Great New Years Resolution. Only 55 - 60 lbs to go and I've reached my goal weight! Woo Hoo we can do this folks!
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Good for you! P90 is a good workout, and a great place to start if you want to get ready for the X. I did one 90 day round of P90, now I'm in the middle of a 90 day round of P90 Master Series, and I'll be moving up to the X in August. Just press play every day, give it your best, modify when needed, and you'll achieve greate results!
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    brilliant we can do it together! nice to also hear of someone doing p90 rather than p90x, i'm just not ready for that yet either lol!

I've just sat and marked all the workouts on my phone calendar so i have that motivation every day.

i'm really looking forward to it, i'm doing the 30 day shred at the moment and love the structure of it, knowing i have to do it every day saves me from saying "oh i'll get it done some time this week" and it never happening.

i'll probably be doing mine without the protein shakes, not sure i'll be able to afford them so i'll just be trying to eat really well.

Names LE bty, seen as my username is a bit of a gobfull :)
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I am starting P90X here in a couple weeks. Might have to check in once and awhile
  • Gary6030
    Options
    Sounds great everyone wanting to be involved. I hit play this evening. I'm doing the two day fast today and tomorrow. Starting the P90 video this evening. I would rather do them in the morning but wifey and daughter are doing them with me and we need to motivate each other. So the evening it is for now. As far as the shakes I cannot afford those either, however I'm digging the michi's ladder and the mealplan that came with my P90 videos. So day one is here and I"m really pumped about it!
  • Gary6030
    Options
    Just checking in! I did it I pressed play and I successfully did the Fat Burning DVD! It was rough but I was able to do everything they did and kept up! Pretty stoked. Today is day two of the fast they recommend. Tomorrow I get to actually eat. Its not been bad at all. I did two protein shakes yesterday. I had one today and that's probably all I'll do. I lost 2.6 lbs so that's good. How is everyone else doing? Did you press play?
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm actually on my 3rd week of P90X and am hoping to actually double up on the workouts today, since I have to be at work earlier than usual tomorrow...Arms/Shoulders and Plyometrics!

I'm going to start Arms/Shoulders here soon, take a little break, then get right into Plyometrics.

I'll be checking in here every so often :)

Keep pressing play everyone!
  • Gary6030
    Options
    Day two down and we're on day 3! Only 87 more workouts! The two day fast is over and I was able to eat real food. I didn't struggle until last night after grocery shopping. Cucumber and Tomatoes never looked so good. I didn't break the fast and I feel amazing today. Also found out that I used the Extreme Fat Burning Video for day one instead of the Phase 1 cardio which appears to be a little easier. By easier I mean I may not have to take a 3 minute break to catch my break. So I'll be doing phase 1&2 Cardio and Ab Ripper 100 tonight. I struggled with getting all of the pushups done last night. I just couldn't squeak out all 21 in each set. The chair dips I couldn't do. I was a little disappointed but hoping by next week I can get them done. After all this weight loss I've lost a good bit of muscle. It sucks but I'm only 57lbs from goal! Woo Hoo!
  • Gary6030
    Options
    Day 3 completed and welcome to day 4! Remember keep pushing play on that DVD Player! I did the cardio /ab ripper last night and then did a 5k+. I completed 3.45 miles in 42 minutes. I'm pushing for a 35 minute 5k on the day of the race this saturday. My last 5k pre weight loss, took over 1 hour 15 minutes to complete. I was 447lbs. But I did it! What a difference 178lbs has made in my life. Keep up the good work!
  • Taygwen
    Taygwen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I hope its not too late to start. I've had the P90 dvd for a few years now but have never stuck to it for one reason or another. This time I am dedicated. I have hypothyroidism which makes it more difficult to lose weight now so I'm on a 1200 calorie diet and am going full fledged into P90. I will be starting tomorrow morning.
  • klamont9
    klamont9 Posts: 59
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity right now and planned on doing P90x when finished. Should I do P90 instead? Is it that much easier?
  • Gary6030
    Options
    Welcome! Get up and press play! Today is day 9 we are doing it! I ran my 5K Saturday and came in at 38:24 I was elated. I was able to shave 4 minutes off from just Wednesday. I didn't do my P90 on Monday :( We had company in all day. So today we're back at it. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Gary6030
    Options
    I'm doing P90. If you are doing Insanity P90X I heard was different but still challenging. I would think P90 would be too easy for you. Hopefully by Summer 2012 I'll be worked up to the Insanity DVD. P.S. Look out for P90X2 it is released this fall!
  • Gary6030
    Options
    Taygwen. You feel right at home! Join in and push that play button! Don't get discouraged and if exercises seem to difficult use the modification where appropriate and like Tony says, "Just Keep Moving" There were a couple of Power Yoga moves I couldn't do last week. I was demonstrating one for someone yesterday and talking about how hard it was to do and that I couldn't do it yet. My wife said but you just did it when you demonstrated it! You can probably see my smile from there! I really did have an aha moment! Good luck and all of you please add me as a friend!
  • weeirishlassy
    Options
    I started p90x last Monday. 8 days in. Honestly, I thought I'd be a bit more sore than I am. I am not in bad shape going in, I run a lot, do some MMA and some weights, but I've gained weight over top of the muscle. I'm hoping to get back some discipline and lose some fat! Only 6 or so pounds to go! I would love some people to be motivated with.
  • Taygwen
    Options
    So, my daughter and I did P90 today, just the 1-2 circuit. Boy am I out of shape. I jog on the treadmill but that's about it. The yoga is a killer, I so just flop on the belly from downward dog to plank to upward dog, haha. Hopefully I'll eventually be able to get it. I love the kicking and boxing though. Now, I just need to stick to it.
  • Gary6030
    Options
    Power Yoga sucks.
  • Taygwen
    Options
    I did P90 sweat yesterday and logged 300 calories burned. Today I did sculpt, do I log calories burned as well?

Update: I entered them as circuit training...hopefully this will work.