Metabolism Booster

Options
Does anyone use a metabolism booster? I have a friend who sells it works and suggested I try their Thermofit.

Replies

• GrnEyes839
    GrnEyes839 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know that a personal friend tried it and said don't waste your money
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Of course they did if they sell the stuff!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    What are you looking for it to do? Besides the obvious and even then how do you know it is working for your metabolism and not just a stimulant?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It's an Its Works product. Stay away, far away.
  • LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Any chance you could just do (intense) morning cardio? It's probably the best metabolism booster known to man
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    kayla1991 wrote: »
    Does anyone use a metabolism booster? I have a friend who sells it works and suggested I try their Thermofit.

Exercise - including lifting weights.

Bada Bing!

Eat foods targeted to boost one's metabolism.

Bada Bing!

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/boost-your-metabolism
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Exercise.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,422 Member
    Options
    My dtr in law, who is into nutrician told me i need to eat breakfast(i hate food in the morning) so i've been making a drink in the nutribullit in the morning. she said to eat every 3 hrs, which includes snacks. since i've been doing that i notice a difference.i also re joined the gym
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    shirleymut wrote: »
    My dtr in law, who is into nutrician told me i need to eat breakfast(i hate food in the morning) so i've been making a drink in the nutribullit in the morning. she said to eat every 3 hrs, which includes snacks. since i've been doing that i notice a difference.i also re joined the gym

Pesky in laws, talking rubbish!

If you're losing weight it's because you're in a calorie deficit.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

I am sorry but this is all "broscience". Timing of meals makes no difference.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Most thermo boosters are just stimulant based pills that curb appetite and jitter you out with Yohimbe extract or caffeine or something similar.

If your looking to lose weight just record your intake and set your goals. Resistance training and cardio is clearly a big plus.

If your set on using supplements id recommend you join supplement reviews as they offer reviews in a cleaner environment than most review sites and the people who rate the supplements are weighted to their dependability in doing unbiased reviews. The supplement industry is a very slippery slope...tread lightly and don't get sucked into the hype. E

at and track your whole foods and add a workout regiment...honestly thats all you need. Supplements should be introduced later if needed to reach goals
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Eating every three hours? When do you sleep?
  • LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Not entirely true... the timing of meals (specifically protein) can actually help with muscle build. But more to the point, yes, if you burn more than you eat in any 24 hr period, you will lose weight and studies have shown that timing doesn't seem to have much of an effect there. I think the eating every 3 hours thing helps for some people who have a tendency to binge/gorge because it keeps them full all day. I have the opposite problem, I'm good eating 2-3 meals a day, if i interject a bunch of snacks I always over eat.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    LPflaum wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »

Not entirely true... the timing of meals (specifically protein) can actually help with muscle build. But more to the point, yes, if you burn more than you eat in any 24 hr period, you will lose weight and studies have shown that timing doesn't seem to have much of an effect there. I think the eating every 3 hours thing helps for some people who have a tendency to binge/gorge because it keeps them full all day. I have the opposite problem, I'm good eating 2-3 meals a day, if i interject a bunch of snacks I always over eat.

Please source this
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options

What an odd site! It appears to be a sly ad for another "fat burner."
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    kayla1991 wrote: »
    Exercise. Pills don't do anything. Well maybe raise your heart rate a little, but hardly enough to warrant the amount of calories extra you may burn.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png