Undo a weekend of over eating/drinking

Options
I ate a lot, chips, beer, coolers pasta , came etc this weekend. Of course, I did not want to stress on dieting I just wanted to enjoy my long weekend and eat and drink what I want when I want. However I'm afraid that i will gain a lot of weight. I'm going back to my routine tomorrow, but has anyone ever ate a lot one weekend and not gain weight?

Replies

• Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    What is done is done. Get back on your routine and don't worry about whether or not you gained. Considering that you consumed high sodium foods and alcohol, most of what you probably gain will be water weight.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Depends how much you're talking.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You can't undo anything you've already consumed.

Pretend like it didn't happen and move forward.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Wednesday-Friday 10-13 days ago were such extravagant over-everything days for me. Today is the first day that I weigh less than I had that Wednesday morning.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm up 5 pounds since last Wednesday because of a long weekend, too. A couple will come off right away (water weight) and I assume the damage is 1-2 pounds of actual gain. I'm not doing anything to "compensate" for the weekend - just getting back to tracking like normal. It'll come off over the next couple weeks and was well worth it.

Hope you had a great weekend!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You don't undo...you just move forward.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Last time I had weekend where I ate a ton and didn't log it took me about 10 days to undo the damage. This is a marathon not a sprint. You'll get over it and get better. Just reminisce about the fun times you had and don't kill yourself over it
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot, chips, beer, coolers pasta , came etc this weekend. Of course, I did not want to stress on dieting I just wanted to enjoy my long weekend and eat and drink what I want when I want. However I'm afraid that i will gain a lot of weight. I'm going back to my routine tomorrow, but has anyone ever ate a lot one weekend and not gain weight?

Generally, it's what you do most of the time that has the biggest effect and not what you do some of the time. I would not stress it unless you see your weight trending upward over time...