Let's get real w/pics

Options
Hi everyone. So today is the day I finally wake up out of this dark hole I been in and start doing something about my life. I turn 32 this month and I'm so over this weight.
Today I will be sharing my before pic, yes my before which is today. Why? Because I can't be living in this denial any longer and show that pics do tell the truth and what I have been doing has been lying to myself and telling myself I am ok.
My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees and I'm constantly getting headaches. I'm eating so much junk and don't fit into any of my clothes.
So today is the start of my new journey.
I'm hiding my face because honestly I don't like the way I see myself in this pic and it is embarrassing.
My goal is to share this pic with my after pic next to it in the near future.
So cheers to the new month new journey and new goals. Please add me I definitely need some support. Thanks again!!!
Please no rude comments only encouragement:)v654szg87hk9.jpeg

Replies

• BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    My starting weight was the same as yours. Feel free to add me if you like. :)

I wish you the best luck
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You can and will do this. One day at a time. <3
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You've got this!!
  • samantha16101
    samantha16101 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Youve got this
  • Jalexander33
    Jalexander33 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The first step is always the best step. Knowing that you have to change is that very first step. The best advice I could give you is don't be discouraged by that F'ing scale. That number doesn't mean anything. What's important is how your clothes feel and how you feel.
    You can do it and you have my support!
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am close to your starting weight. I'm only 5lbs down but starting good habits at least! Best of luck and add a lot of people the motivation everyone provides will help you.
  • JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You can and will achieve what you desire and strive towards.
  • rhiannongrindley
    rhiannongrindley Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this! Welcome to add me - I'll happily motivate. :) I turn 32 next month and decided that this is the year I reach my goal. I always stop about 5/6 kgs short of it. But not this year!! I'm currently 9kgs away from it.
  • Its_now_or_never31
    Its_now_or_never31 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The first step is always the best step. Knowing that you have to change is that very first step. The best advice I could give you is don't be discouraged by that F'ing scale. That number doesn't mean anything. What's important is how your clothes feel and how you feel.
    You can do it and you have my support!

Thanks so much
    I appreciate the support!!
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    You can and will do This. You have taken not only a step in the right direction but a huge leap. Good luck to you. Add me if you would like to.
  • Its_now_or_never31
    Options
    Thank you all! The support means so much to me:)
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Use the tools and stay vigilant. Clean up the diet. Add in some simple cardio like nightly walks. Add in some resistance training in time. The pounds will melt off quicker than you think. Best of luck!
  • thenananator
    thenananator Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Do it for you. Do it because you CAN. Do it because NOW is the time! You can do it!
  • Busymommy16
    Busymommy16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do this. On February 14, 2016 I weighed 238. Today 191. I changed my diet and started exercising more. I bit my tongue and bought myself a good fitness watch. I really believe that they work. It keeps me accountable for what I eat and my exercises. Now, I run a mile or more a day and I am able to run around and bike and play with my 7 and 3 year old. It feels great. Yeah I have the occasional mcdonalds but when I do, I add those calories and then I exercise till I have burned that many calories. If you want motivation you can add me as a friend. Busymommy16. Best of luck to you!!!
  • galengower
    galengower Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just stay strong. There will of course be times where you want to quit, but remind yourself how you felt today and keep going. Like everyone else says, you can do it.
  • Its_now_or_never31
    Options
    Thanks to everyone!!
  • cheeschultz
    cheeschultz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your new beginnings. I will send friend request I log daily.

This app has helped me to log my food and exercise daily. The under armor record will sync with MFP and it logs your sleep and how you feel.

Just remember you can exercise in 10 min increments 3 x a day to get 30 mins in and adjust as you become stronger. It also minimizes injury. Don't forget to stretch after a work out and stay hydrated.

Congratulations!
  • EternalSnow627
    EternalSnow627 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just started my journey as well like a week ago and I look about the same as u. So together we both can do this for ourselves so good luck!!! ^^
  • katie22mfp
    katie22mfp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Very brave thing to do! Well done! You've got this!
  • Its_now_or_never31
    Options
    Thank you all, for the encouragement and the friend requests!!