Need advice.

Options
Hello. I'm a male 6'1" 295lbs(fat) and 33yrs old. I just recently went to the doctor and did not like what he had to say. So I'm going to start dieting and exercising. I have the basic principles down of what I need to do diet and exercise wise but I work 3rd shift and have 3 kids. Working 3rd shift is from 10pm-6am but I usually work 10pm-10am for overtime. So I could possibly get to bed around 6:45am or 10:45am I know my body doesn't like sleeping during the day but have no choice. I work in a manufacturing environment so I'm on my feet the majority of the night. I have no problem getting 10-15k steps a day. I was wondering if I should try to keep a normal eating schedule like eating breakfast when I wake up in the afternoon and dinner before I go to bed in the morning? Or does my body know that when I get home in the morning it's time for breakfast and when I wake up it's time for dinner. Need help please. Thank you.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Your body can't tell what time it is. Eat when you want and call the meal what you want.
  • ltkasmala
    ltkasmala Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Your body does follow a circadian rhythm pattern which is why some people generally wake up at the same time every day and go to bed the same time at night. If you are accustomed to that, you should already be used to that part. As far as eating, I agree, your body doesn't know the difference between dinner and breakfast BUT I would suggest eating lighter before you plan to go to bed and sleep, particularly if your metabolism is slow right now. Getting that many steps in a day will be helpful. I'd try to eat small portions of food more times throughout the day if that is an option. Otherwise, keep your heavier intake of food before a time when you know you will be moving around a lot and can burn off the calories. And lighter when you go to bed.... As far as what you eat, that's up to you! Stick within the calorie reccomendation of this site. I've gained back 10 pounds I'm having a real probelm re-loosing, but lost almost 75 pounds overall just sticking to inputting everything I ate on here. It kind of educates you on how and what you eat so you make better choices in food in general. I literally used to pick a veggie patty and some corn over a candy bar when both had the same amount of calories just because the former was more filling and better for me! I hope this helps! Good luck!
  • noodles919
    noodles919 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you