This weather sucks! and wii fitcalories?

Options
My plan to go the the gym has been ruined by the weather:( Usually rain doesn't put me off but its hailing and supposed to continue for the rest of the day:( I shall not let the weather put me off completely though, I've just done 30 day shred level 3 day 1 and now I'm going to go on the wii fit:) I just have a question do you think i can trust the wii calories? I guess it knows my weight so that can make it fairly accurate or does anyone know if it tells you the same calories say for like 5 minutes of a certain exercise, regardless of who the player is?

Replies

• bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    my wii give me almost exactly the reading same as my hrm
    within 1-2 calories
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    The weather here has been impeding my 5K training. It's upwards of 115 degrees all day. If I had balls, I would have sweat them off by now
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Girl where do you live?! Because it is 104 n blazing over here in sunny california. "/
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    The weather here has been impeding my 5K training. It's upwards of 115 degrees all day. If I had balls, I would have sweat them off by now

Hilarious!
  • if you google it the wii calories come up for whichever activity you do i tells you how many calories x amount of minutes burned,,
  • lauraaaaxo
    lauraaaaxo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Girl where do you live?! Because it is 104 n blazing over here in sunny california. "/

In Wales, UK haha, this is what we get for "summer" :(
  • alexmommy
    alexmommy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It depends on if you repeat things. The step aerobics for example will give you the same calorie count if you do it once, or 10 times. Obviously, but the 10th time your heart rate is higher than the first time, so you're burning more calories. It at least gives you an approximation though. :)
  • RozeGod
    RozeGod Posts: 118
    Options
    Its over 90 here in New York...
  • mxmandani
    mxmandani Posts: 109
    Options

I'm sorry that I have nothing to contribute to this topic, but I loved this post
  • lauraaaaxo
    lauraaaaxo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'll just go with what the wii says and put all my effort into it and maybe not eat back all my exercise cals in case its saying I'm burning more than I really am:P
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    North Texas, the entire state is in a heat wave and drought. Lovely combination that meant no fireworks for the 4th :(

Where I live we host a bike race called Hotter n Hell Hundred, 100 miles in 100+ degree heat, it's pretty legit, professional biciclists use it as training for things like the tour de france. Because it's SO DAMN HOT. People don't realize that it's this hot all summer long though.