Well I just started today.

Options
Hello, I'm Heather and I want to take my life back. With me I've found food comforting at time and one thing I could control when everything around me I couldn't control and now it controls me and that really scares me...alot really. I've actually always been a little over weight but when I hit high school I just ballooned, like I'v always be about 10 to 15 lbs over weight and that didn't really bother me but now I'm 65 lbs over what I want to be and it scare the h*ll out of me...honestly. And really with diabetes and heart disease on both sides of my family.
(Pardon the language)

-Heather

Replies

• musiclover112
    Options
    hi Heather,

I know how that feels to have food be a comfort. I LOVE food so much. I've learned to love the right foods now ;). This site really helps you realize how much you eat and how little you excersise (I might compare it to a slap in the face...). My "ballooning" started when i got pregnant, and i was about 60-70 pounds overweight. i've lost 28 as of now. Good luck to you, woman!
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
    Hope you feel beautiful on your wedding day! :)
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather, Welcome, i believe you'll like this, i do... Its been easier on me than any other way. Feel free to add me as a friend for support.
    Jen

P.S. Congrats on your engagement :)
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Same here Heather - a big comfort eater too. So frustrated with myself that I've even managed to avoid mirrors and live in denial! Let's try and sound off on here when we need to instead of reaching for the sugar!
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, your at the right place with wonderful folks to help you in your journey :) One thing i would suggest is to try and cut back on the soda, that 20oz Sprite contains 64 grams of sugar
  • ZombieEris
    Options
    Well thank you all.....I think I've come to the right place. =]]
  • ywolfie
    ywolfie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You and I are in the same boat. I've always been "fluffy" but now I'm at a point where I look in the mirror and see my mom's body and I'm terrified as well. MFP will help you. if you have a smart phone, get the app. Take MFP everywhere you go and log every morsel of food and every minute of exercise--whatever it is. Once you see what you put in your body versus what you burn off, it'll blow your mind! That was the wake up call for me.

Now is your time! Time to do something for you! You won't regret it. Add me as a friend. I'll be here to support you.