IIFYM & Weight Loss

Options
Hey everyone!

Forgive my ignorance here.. but I have been on IIFYM for about a year now. I recently hit the "24 pound" mark of weight loss. Not that this is huge or anything, still have a ways to go.

My question is do I recalculate my macros to reflect my new weight and body fat %? Or do I keep going with what I was originally planned until I hit my goal weight?

Thanks!
Sara

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    Usually I would recommend recalculating every 10 pounds or so. That said, I would be hesitant to make changes if it is still working.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Its time to recalculate.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    If it were me I wouldn't recalculate because you should have an accurate set of information to use to guide your intake modifications rather than using a calculator.

So for example you can take your current intake and your current results and make an adjustment to that intake based on what your weight has been doing over the past few weeks.
  • andream1976
    andream1976 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    When I did Weight Watchers your points changed every 10lbs so that is what I do now, too. Usually you were losing 1 point per 10 lbs or roughly 100 calories. I just redid my calories on IIFYM and it only changed by 70 calories.