34, Male, divorcing, was 262.2, now 236.2, stepping up my life

Options
MicahPsencik
MicahPsencik Posts: 129 Member
edited August 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, my name is Micah Psencik. I was born and currently reside in Texas near the Cutting Horse Capital of the World. I work with computers at an Aerospace facility, for 10 years now. I am in the middle of a divorce, sadly caused by my wife's infidelity. I started myfitness pal on 5/22, weighing in at 262.2 or so...I am now at 236.2. I can't say I enter much data into this software much right now, but I keep it logged into to enter my weight. I gained so much discipline with my eating habits and proportions with myfitnesspal and attribute my continued success from this. I work out for an hour, 4-5 times a week during my "lunch" break at work (free gym FTW!) I also play golf one or two times a week, walking 9 or riding 18. I am consistently dropping weight still, coming out to 9.9 lbs a month. It's a little fast for weight loss but I'm not starving myself or feel like i'm going without...I just try to stop eating after 7pm, eat clean as much as possible, lots of veggies and protein, drink plenty of water, cut out as much sugar/sweets, fats, generic bread and watch my proportions. several smaller meals every 2-3 hours really keeps my metabolism going good. Aside from the divorce sparking off this drive to better myself, I really didn't like the way I was feeling, looking, dressing, and overall lethargy. I hope in a years time to be debt free or very close to it, in a new field of work centering around my passions, which includes, art, pinstriping, leatherwork, motorcycles, muscle cars, cooking, writing, making the worlds best beef jerky and best smoked salmon, as described by a Le Cordon Bleu chef. I may even find time to overhaul my 1972 Chevy Nova. Can't have a lot of flab in a muscle car now can ya?!

Replies

• lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Flow Texan here. I'm sorry you're going through a divorce. I wish the best of luck!! Feel free to add me if you're looking for friends.
  • tboz08202016
    tboz08202016 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on all of your journeys.
  • sunny4006
    sunny4006 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love your attitude. I just started and it seems daunting to say the least.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Wowee what an extraordinary life!! And you are only in your prime!!!!! Onwards and upwards my friend!!!!!