How do I stay strong? :'/

Options
I'm feeling super down so any advice and support would be so much appreciated.

I spent some time eating so well! I counted everything and my weight felt like it was melting off. Then I had a really stressful week at work and I threw everything out the window. I didn't count a single thing, stuffed my face, and I gained it all back instantly. I need to know how to stay strong and not ruin everything that I accomplished so I can make it to my goal and stay there. I still have a long way to go because I keep eating it back :neutral: Thank you <3

Replies

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    We all have times where everything goes to s h * t...... realize that tomorrow is a new day and start again. You can do it!
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    There isn't really a trick to staying "strong"...it's a mental battle most days..so you have to want it and not allow outside factors influence your life.

Live from the inside out, not the outside in. Know you're worth more than being anything other than your best.

Best of luck!
  • beachgirlsue
    beachgirlsue Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Log all of your food, drink plenty of water & hit the cardio several times a week.
  • ArtsieSarah
    ArtsieSarah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    All of you have words of wisdom and great advice, thank you :)
  • Polkadotsocks24
    Polkadotsocks24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Two steps forward, one step back. Changing your lifestyle is anything but linear, and it's completely normal to have setbacks. Don't beat yourself up too much--tomorrow is a new day. Good luck!!!
  • Vonnarh1979
    Vonnarh1979 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I say we motivate each other! Friend request sent!
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Don't beat up on yourself. Give yourself some pats on the back for caring about your life!

Our emotions swing back and forth. That's going to happen, so try to outhink yourself.

Try to eat a healthy breakfast and plan for a healthy lunch so you are really full when you go to work. Then you won't be as tempted to eat things you didn't plan.

Bring stress relievers like sugarless gum to chew on.

Work some treats into your life so you have something to look forward to -- time in the whirlpool, getting your hair done, something fun that you know you will enjoy. Plan these ahead of time when you aren't stressed.

Good luck. You can do this.
  • ArtsieSarah
    ArtsieSarah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I say we motivate each other! Friend request sent!

Yassss I like the way u think!

PennWalker wrote: »
    Don't beat up on yourself. Give yourself some pats on the back for caring about your life!

Our emotions swing back and forth. That's going to happen, so try to outhink yourself.

Try to eat a healthy breakfast and plan for a healthy lunch so you are really full when you go to work. Then you won't be as tempted to eat things you didn't plan.

Bring stress relievers like sugarless gum to chew on.

Work some treats into your life so you have something to look forward to -- time in the whirlpool, getting your hair done, something fun that you know you will enjoy. Plan these ahead of time when you aren't stressed.

Good luck. You can do this.

These are such good ideas thank you!!!!
  • druidkat7
    druidkat7 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    My solution to stress: turn up the music that either makes you float & sigh, or makes you dance, or if you're a musician yourself, put pen to paper (or mouse to electronic score paper), fingers to keys or guitar and ride the waves of music away from the stressful feelings. Then, when your heart rate (and cortisol levels) have slowed, go for some meditation, or even better, try some ASMR vids on YouTube, especially the ones that feature guided meditation. Which reminds me, it's time for me to go have some ASMR fun while doing some research for my freelance work. ;-)

Blessings,
    Kat ^.^
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Once you have a moment of realization, you will stick with it and not continue to self sabotage yourself. My moment of realization was having a physical and being told by my physician I was class 1 obese and pre-diabetic. I did't know there were classes for obesity and I think I cried for a long time afterward. We all experience stress but in the end, it's what you choose to do in the end that will set the tone from then on out. Good luck in your journey.