Stress binging?

Options
crainer234
crainer234 Posts: 1 Member
edited August 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
If I could eliminate this problem, I wouldn't even struggle with weight. I eat good all day because of the foods I pack for work and school. But when I get back from work, I just lose it and stuff myself. I feel like I deserve to eat. I eat unhealthy foods, like cookies, and I always feel so bad afterwards, and so full. How can I manage to eat a small, healthy dinner and then stop for the night?

Replies

• jdude3262
    jdude3262 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    why are there cookies in your house?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I wonder if under-eating during the day is triggering your binges at night.

I see you are a 19 yo female. What are the rest of your stats:
    • How tall are you?
    • Current weight?
    • Goal weight?
    • Weekly weight loss goal?
    • Calories you consume before dinner?

You mention stress in the title but not in your post. What is the nature of your stress eating? I used to be an emotional eater, but now I manage stress with exercise. I make the time.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're not eating enough during the day?
    Are you being too restrictive w your food choices?
  • zharptichka
    zharptichka Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    For me, I had to remove all of the junk options from the house for a month or so until I got my stress eating under control. It rears it's ugly head once in a while but not nearly as badly.
  • minute2midnight7
    minute2midnight7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Now I know this isn't everyone, just saying my own experience.

I'm the same way, I majorly have a binging problem and I hate it, I'm not hungry but I have that urge to eat. When I get that urge, I start to exercise, I don't really have much of an idea why, but the feeling goes away. I tend to do yoga or strength. Been 2 week binge free because of this.

I hope you overcome it. :)