Which is the most accurate??

Options
So I use workout apps to do workouts and they tell you a ruff estimate of how many calories you burned same as my fitness band but the app is saying 56 my watch is saying 155? Which one would be more correct? It's very confusing!

Replies

• CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    What did you do and for how long?
  • sachasalviax
    sachasalviax Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It was just a work out on a 7 min work out app and I got it wrong it was 122 not 155 I just think that's a lot of calories to burn in that short amount of time and it was nothing crazy but is called as hit I believe, I know neither are gonna be correct by 100% but I don't know weather to go on my watch as it has all my details like weight, height, heart rate ect.. Confused lol!!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Probably your band is closer to the truth at 56 cal than the app at 122. It's crazy hard to burn 1,000 cal in an hour, and doing 122 in 7 minutes would be even more intense than that. If it was HIIT, that means you sort of took turns doing really intense exercise, then resting, so it wouldn't really be 7 full minutes on.

Going with the lower estimate is usually "safer" if your goal is to lose weight anyway.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    What is your goal? Cutting weight or Bulking? If cutting, I would go with the less amount of calories burned.

Alternatively, how do you feel? If you are tired and drained all the time and you are getting enough sleep, then assume you used the higher amount.
  • sachasalviax
    sachasalviax Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yeah I kinder messed up the weight I had put into my watch by like 300+ pounds