What is your % calorific deficit?

Options
2»

Replies

• DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    bump, :smile: too much brain work for my over heated brain at the moment.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    i am a female, 5'8", 36 yr
    My deficit is 19.8% and my BF :43.6% based on my scale

So what are the good range to aim for ? How large is too large of a deficit?
    I do not think my settings is too high,m as I aim only 1lb per week and I am obese.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Appr 15% BF
    31.7% caloric deficit, by the CRON calculator

(Calorie Restriction with Optimal Nutrition)

Disclaimer: I don't restrict calories for weightloss reasons, but as part of a trial to investigate the impact of calorie restriction on a particular type of cancer, as part of a trial.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    As I said, there is no correct deficit as it will depend on people's current BF%, metabolism (past dieting history), current training etc. etc.

Basically, it's something to check as you go and you become leaner that you are not at too much of a deficit ie. 40% deficit for a guy at 10% BF would not be a good thing.

lodro: interesting. How long are doing the trial for?
  • lodro
    Options
    As I said, there is no correct deficit as it will depend on people's current BF%, metabolism (past dieting history), current training etc. etc.

Basically, it's something to check as you go and you become leaner that you are not at too much of a deficit ie. 40% deficit for a guy at 10% BF would not be a good thing.

lodro: interesting. How long are doing the trial for?

I've been going since january of this year, lowering my intake until i'm at my current intake of about 1200 calories a day (i'm fairly short, 1.70) I've been weighing 59-60 kilos for 2 months now: this seems to be my set point) I did get a lot more active physically. I notice calorie restricting and Intermittent Fasting help me cope better with chemotherapy.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Hope it works out well for you mate.
  • lodro
    Options
    Hope it works out well for you mate.

thanks. it was a long shot, but research seems to support the hypothesis, but that's only lab animals, not humans :)
  • Pcramer2
    Pcramer2 Posts: 16
    Options
    I love tough, but so fun. : ) Very intense. Still playing around with the numbers. I lost quite a bit of weight by really reducing my calories, but got flabby instead of fit. Now I am trying to get fit and firm.....I think I need to raise my calories just to make it through my workouts... Still not sure what my happy number is : )

If you want an accountablility partner, just let me know.