Why do people lie??!!!

Options
Ok so please help me understand something I have seen many post of people showing their results with a certain type of program and they say "here are my before and after pictures with this program". When I see that to me is like that was the only thing you did, you only worked out with that program and here are the results.
But I have come across people who did not only did a specific program but also ran, use the elliptical machine, or did some of other type of activity. Why not put my results from doing all of these and not deceive people that you only did a specific program and what great results you had with it.

Sorry my vent for the day

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Don't care what anyone else is doing? Just worry about you and do what you need to do to get the results you want.
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Probably b/c the results they got are directly tied to them doing the program...realize too, that with alot of these programs..theyre is a nutrition that goes with it....and w/o doing the nutrition, they prob wouldn't have gotten as good of results. It's not lieing..it's showing your success and sharing your happiness.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I understand , they should list everything they do and then explain that they feel that the best results came from the certain program rather than the other stuff. But without it all the results would not have been so great.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think of it as lying. I would just think of it as that is the program that they feel made the most difference.

Case in point, I take a lot of karate and kickboxing.... Those are just part of my life. I would be doing that even if I wasn't trying to lose weight. When I think about what I am doing to lose weight I tend to only consider the stuff I am doing specifically for losing weight (ie: The Rosedale Diet and p90x)

I should also mention.... What does it matter in the end to anyone? what they are doing doesn't affect anyone but themselves in the end.
  • DanaKinzer
    DanaKinzer Posts: 72
    Options
    They got results, it doesn't matter how they got them. Their results have no impact on your results.
  • nastytater
    nastytater Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am an old friend of ShrinkingNinja,and thats why I am on this site....She has come along way and is looking absolutely awesome...
    As far as the people that lie about the system they use,and or the results they are getting...They are just cheating themselves...I do my best to make everything on here as honest as I can just because the results is going to be in my favor and nobody elses...
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    They probably got the bulk of their results from their diet versus their training regiment :flowerforyou:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I am doing Turbo Fire. I like to mountain bike. Yeah, I'm still going to mountain bike occasionally and probably claim that my results are from Turbo Fire.... I guess I'll make sure to add a disclaimer.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Don't care what anyone else is doing? Just worry about you and do what you need to do to get the results you want.

I am focusing on what I am doing to get the results that I want but when I look at the success stories and someone says these are my results with this program than I might want to try it and see if I can get good results as well
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Probably b/c the results they got are directly tied to them doing the program...realize too, that with alot of these programs..theyre is a nutrition that goes with it....and w/o doing the nutrition, they prob wouldn't have gotten as good of results. It's not lieing..it's showing your success and sharing your happiness.

I guess I used the wrong word when I said lying, but I see what you are saying
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    I wouldn't think of it as lying. I would just think of it as that is the program that they feel made the most difference.

Case in point, I take a lot of karate and kickboxing.... Those are just part of my life. I would be doing that even if I wasn't trying to lose weight. When I think about what I am doing to lose weight I tend to only consider the stuff I am doing specifically for losing weight (ie: The Rosedale Diet and p90x)

I should also mention.... What does it matter in the end to anyone? what they are doing doesn't affect anyone but themselves in the end.

yeah you are right I used the wrong word when I said lying but at least be a little more specific that is all I am saying
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    They got results, it doesn't matter how they got them. Their results have no impact on your results.

I never said that their results had impact on my results, but when I look at their success stories I might say hey let me try that program and hopefully I can get good results as well. I am not bringing anyone down what they did is great and good for them I am just saying
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from completely. When viewing success stories we place value based on what we see with what they did in terms of getting those results. So even though the foundation of my workout has been mostly Zumba, I have within the last two months incorporated Turbo Fire & ChaLean Extreme. I also walk around the neighborhood for added cardio on some days and do extra burpees, jumping jacks and pushups. That would be more accurate info regarding my weightloss regimen so thats what I need to tell people and I will for now on.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should not be so sensitive about what OTHER people do. To them that may have been their predominant workout routine. Get REAL, NO ONE thing will help you lose weight OTHER THAN what You EAT! Keep in mind that diet/what you eat is 90% of being healthy or weight loss or toning! EXAMPLE: The ads for P90X make you believe that just doing that will get you "cut, fit, healthy...GET REAL! Do you actually believe that ANYONE can tone/get cut on P90X or anything else without EATING Properly! But beyond this, take what anyone says about diet and exercise, THEN You will need to eventually modify/adjust it to YOUR BODY and needs. Being Healthy/Fit/Losing Weight is NOT a One size fits all!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from completely. When viewing success stories we place value based on what we see with what they did in terms of getting those results. So even though the foundation of my workout has been mostly Zumba, I have within the last two months incorporated Turbo Fire & ChaLean Extreme. I also walk around the neighborhood for added cardio on some days and do extra burpees, jumping jacks and pushups. That would be more accurate info regarding my weightloss regimen so thats what I need to tell people and I will for now on.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

All that is good, BUT I want to know, "What do you eat?!" For Me that is key because I know that what one eats is the KEY to wt loss success and Maintenance. ALSO, have you had any wt loss surgery?
  • ShrinkingNinja
    Options
    I am an old friend of ShrinkingNinja,and thats why I am on this site....She has come along way and is looking absolutely awesome...
    As far as the people that lie about the system they use,and or the results they are getting...They are just cheating themselves...I do my best to make everything on here as honest as I can just because the results is going to be in my favor and nobody elses...

Thanks Tater.... Hugs
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Maybe you should not be so sensitive about what OTHER people do. To them that may have been their predominant workout routine. Get REAL, NO ONE thing will help you lose weight OTHER THAN what You EAT! Keep in mind that diet/what you eat is 90% of being healthy or weight loss or toning! EXAMPLE: The ads for P90X make you believe that just doing that will get you "cut, fit, healthy...GET REAL! Do you actually believe that ANYONE can tone/get cut on P90X or anything else without EATING Properly! But beyond this, take what anyone says about diet and exercise, THEN You will need to eventually modify/adjust it to YOUR BODY and needs. Being Healthy/Fit/Losing Weight is NOT a One size fits all!

First of all I am not being sensitive about what other people do I like to read peoples success stories and like to know what they are doing so that I can maybe try the program and yes tailor it to fit my needs. I do not think I was attacking any specific person on this site for you to come here and tell me to "GET REAL!!!!" I totally understand that what you eat plays a big part on your success I am not DUMB. Only DUMB people would believe that one program without eating good will help you get toned and loose weight. I do not think that is what I was saying here. You know if you have nothing nice to say don't say it, I hate it when I post something and people like you come and attack me. We are here to support each other not to attack people.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    Options

Just so you know... p90x comes with a healthy eating plan. LOL
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Well, for me I mainly do step and pump classes, and sometimes I'll mix in a run or swim with my son or spinning class or what ever else floats my boat that day, but the step and pump are my foundation so they're the ones that i go to first when i talk about my routine. it's not because i'm lying, it's because that is my routine and the rest of it is add on.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Well, for me I mainly do step and pump classes, and sometimes I'll mix in a run or swim with my son or spinning class or what ever else floats my boat that day, but the step and pump are my foundation so they're the ones that i go to first when i talk about my routine. it's not because i'm lying, it's because that is my routine and the rest of it is add on.

Thanks for clarifying that