Fairly new to using this app. Looking for some motivation. Anyone from St. Pete, FL area?

Options
kevjay75
kevjay75 Posts: 2 Member
edited August 2016 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Kevin and I started using this app just a little over 2 weeks ago. Joined a gym at the same time. I'm proud to say that I've become more disciplined at using this app and moreso watching what and how much I eat. My goal is to lose about 10 pounds and already have lost 5 pounds. My downfall is not consistently going to the gym. I work out on the cardio machines but focus on getting more muscle tone through the use of primarily weight machines.

I think a gym partner would help a lot with staying focused and motivated, especially in the beginning phases. Anyone with suggestions? Anyone here in the St. Petersburg, FL area?

Replies

• rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    The more I use the app the more involved I get. I'm only on it a short time thus far and just today I "discovered" the recipe section. I was trying to enter each ingredient as I was preparing food and what a pain. Paying attention to what you put into your body is key in weight maintenance and or gain or loss goals. Stay away from packaged stuff and try to stay on whole foods. I am an avid Gym guy but I'm in SC so cant link up on goals in that way unfortunately. Im more a pushing weights guy than cardio. Im just now adding cardio but my goal is to add weight not take it off but I can definitely see beneifts in the tools to accomplish any goals you set for yourself. Definitely stick with resistance training as opposed to just cardio youll like the results better (and so will the ladies and /or your significant other). Best of luck in getting your goals!
  • KazzykinsJ1967
    KazzykinsJ1967 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. Sorry im quite far away in England but if you need a friend feel free to add me :)
  • rachelsarah41
    rachelsarah41 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    good luck lovely, we all need the motivation! I am in England but my "mom" lives in Brandon, FL!